ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Two more ideas that sometimes solved issues related to recordings:

1) Set up the path to the Recordings folder in TV Configuration using an UNC path (no local path)
    2) Provide network credentials that have a username AND a password in the settings - an username alone would not work

Edit: Both steps are also described in Wiki, but mostly not taken into account. It came to my mind, because you are using a local path "D:" and just made a windows upgrade.

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    not sure how to add a UNC path to the recordings folder, it just allows me to click on a specific folder.

Just to make sure, we are on the same page: to my opinion, the issue is not related to an incorrect path because I can play wtv movies from my external media server. Only when I try to play a ts movie from that specific folder (or the recording folder on my local PC), this does not work.
    Isnt't that pointing to a ts specific issue?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    not sure how to add a UNC path to the recordings folder, it just allows me to click on a specific folder.

Just to make sure, we are on the same page: to my opinion, the issue is not related to an incorrect path because I can play wtv movies from my external media server. Only when I try to play a ts movie from that specific folder (or the recording folder on my local PC), this does not work.
    Isnt't that pointing to a ts specific issue?
    The path is not incorrect, but windows demands access rights with an user in certain cases. Most issues with recording issues are related to it yet. I agree, that it doesn't seem to be feasible in your case on first sight, but I have no better idea. Your logs do not show any error, which makes it hard to guess.
    Maybe @Brownard @morpheus_xx have an idea what else to be chcked. I'm not using TV within MP2, so I'm not an expert with recordings.

Edit: UNC path is reachable by creating a network share of your recording folder (google for it).

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Greenhorn7 The logs show that the codecs seem to read the streams from the file correctly, when you say the file does not play what do you mean exactly? Do you just get a black screen? Is the player OSD still visible and the playback timer still running? Do you get the same result for all ts files?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Greenhorn7 The logs show that the codecs seem to read the streams from the file correctly, when you say the file does not play what do you mean exactly? Do you just get a black screen? Is the player OSD still visible and the playback timer still running? Do you get the same result for all ts files?
    I can answer one question. He mentioned "I have recorded a TV show and then tried to play it within MP2. This did not work (just a black screen)."

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Many thanks to both of you for looking into this.
    @Brownward: No, the screen is not entirely black, the title and the time bar are correctly displayed (see attached screenshot). However, this screen remains frozen, no further action until I press the blue or red button at the top.
    And yes, same results for all ts files, regardless whether they are stored locally or on my media server.

Attachments

• Screen.png
      Screen.png
      63.7 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Are you able to make a short 10 second recording, zip it and upload it here?

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sure, no problem. The attached ts file does not play within MP2 (thumb is displayed correctly), but if works with audio e.g. in VLC
    BTW: I did not mention before, but watching live TV is also not possible.

Attachments

• Seenflimmern - 3sat HD - 2023-05-20.zip
      7.8 MB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    That file plays in my MP2 but is very choppy and full of artifacts in both MP2 and VLC for me, which I would guess is a signal issue. Can you confirm that you've set LAV as the codec to use in MP2, go to Settings->Players->Codecs and for each one check that LAV is selected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom