mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi,
    is it possible to use this plugin in a multiseat environment ?

if yes, could you please summarize how it should be installed and configured, i'm facing problems to understand how make it working..what should be copied or installed on the dedicated tv server machine

thank you

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You can access a NAS server with TV Management, and you can install TV Management on as many computers as you want, but it does not work like the "MPSync" plugin where it will automatically sync data to a Server Computer. TV Management allows you to move TV Recordings, pics, downloaded video, etc. from one folder Directory, or volume to another. It currently supports two separate Directory or volume locations, with Cloud support coming soon. T

There are many ways that it can be configured to work with you existing setup. What I normally do is set the first Directory to look in my folder where MP stores my TV Recordings, then I have it setup to move the Recordings to another HardDrive that has more space in my computer, so that I can continue to Record new TV shows. I then set the second Directory up to look in my Larger HardDrive, so that I can either Delete, or Move Recordings that I feel I can part with, until at least Cloud9 is finshed.

To install, just download the MPE, then after installing it, run the Configuration Utility in the Mediaportal Configuration plugins by right clicking on the TV Management plugin, and choosing Configuration. From there it's pretty much straight forward. Once in Mediaportal, you can choose the "Add Recordings" button to get which set of Recordings you like.

patch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    :) hi nice plugin still trying to get it to work think its me not programs fault just a idea is there any way to add a section to rename a recording
    as the epg is not always correct this would be very handy. I think this would complete it as a tv management solution
    thankyou

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    Thank you, and as far as renaming goes, I'll keep it in mind.

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    TV Management version 4.5 has been released for 64-Bit, let me know of any bugs!

Change Log:

Version 4.5:

* Added Progress Bar to Show Indication of overall progress of Move.

* Changed the Drive Space Indicator to alert if less than 15 gigs.

* Added the ability to Move or Delete multiple Recordings in the Same Operation.

* Added indication to alert you of how many recordings are being Moved under the "Move All Recording action".

* Updated the Configuration Utility to be a little more efficient.

* Fixed aMPed Skin, and tweaked the StreamedMP Skin.

With More Knowledge of programming Comes More Improvements, thanks for being Patient!

The following Skins are Supported:

1. Titan Extended
    2. aMPed
    3. PureVisionHD 1080
    4. Streamed MP
    5. Xtreme
    6. Frames
    7. DefaultWide (Version 1.3.0)
    8. Avalon (Not tested W/ MediaPortal 1.3.0 But should Work)
    9. BlackGlass Basic (Not tested W/ MediaPortal 1.3.0 But should Work)
    10. Black Glass Nova HD (Not tested W/ MediaPortal 1.3.0 But should
    Work)
    11. Mustayaluca (Not tested W/ MediaPortal 1.3.0 But should Work)
    12. Black Glass HD (Not tested W/ MediaPortal 1.3.0 But should Work)
    13. Black Glass Nova (Not tested W/ MediaPortal 1.3.0 But should Work)
    14. Fidelity 1.4 (Not tested W/ MediaPortal 1.3.0 But should Work)

Also While re-creating the Installer for TV Management 4.5, I noticed that the prior Version 4.0 for the 64-bit was not set up to installed the plugin in the correct place. I have corrected this problem in 4.5, however bugs, and other unforeseen things happen, so If you find something, let me know so that I can fix it!

Attachments

• TV Management 4.5 MP 3.X 64.mpe1
      114.1 KB
    Last edited:

patch

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi back again sorry but cant get the configuration to launch in plugins comes up with the followimg;
    might be something I did don't know and not sure if this info can help ? iam no coder so don't know what this means sorry

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
    at TV_Management.Class1.ShowPlugin()
    at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.itemConfigure_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------

Last edited:

daemian

Portal Member
    December 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Would anyone be able to help me with installation of this extension on a tv server only box? I am using XBMC as my front end, and media portal 1.2.3.0 as my backend. As I understand it the extension installer (MPEI) is missing on the server only install of 1.2.3.0 (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...issing-on-stand-alone-tv-server-1-2-3.107659/). I thought that perhaps I could just copy the .dll inside the mpe1 package to the plugins directory, but I got an error at startup. Any assistance would be very much appreciated as I really don't want to go through an uninstall/reinstall just to add the client to my backend so I can get MPEI.

Thanks!

Mike

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm not entirely sure with your type of setup, however in the TV Management plugin, there are some hard coded directory addresses. If you are taking the individual files out of the MPEI, than you will have to manually put the files in their correct locations. Mediaportal 1.2.3 is setup to use the directory address of "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\TVM Data". The "TVM Data" folder will need to be created since the installer creates this. Once this folder is created, you will need to put the "Configuration Utility.exe" file into this folder. Then Move the "TV Management.dll" file into the plugins folder. Also if you using Mediaportal 1.2.3, you will need to use the Archived File Download of TV Management. This is however only written for the Windows 32 bits Systems. Of course the xml skin files go into you normal skin folder. If you are still having problems reply with the particular error message that you are getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom