WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (4 Viewers)

packstlauren

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    I have try that :

echo -e \"{\"Type\":\"playchannel\",\"ChannelId\":\"15\",\"StartFullscreen\":\"true\"}\r\n\" | nc host 8017

but in the log i've got

[2015-10-20 20:05:36,541] [Log ] [57 ] [WARN ] - [WIFI_REMOTE] WifiRemote Communication Error: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Current JsonReader item is not an object: String

curmudgeon

Portal Member
    June 7, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have Roomie Remote installed in my iPhone and have been using it to run all of my audio-video equipment except for MediaPortal. Remotes are defined in Roomie with XML in an Apple .plist format. Any ideas on how to incorporate the wfiremote.xml file into a .plist format to work with Roomie Remote so I have a remote for my MediaPortal PC running the WifiRemote extension would be appreciated. I like the convenience of having all my remotes in one app on my iPhone.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

It seems that WifiRemote is using socket (from client sources). So it is not a standard REST interface.

Does anyone knows how to use socket with a linux command line ?
    I have try netcat but no success.
    Hi Pack,

you are correct, WifiRemote provides a socket server that clients can connect to. I chose that over a HTTP Rest service to be able to send real time data back and forth on a persistent connection. The server (wifiremote) should be able to tell the clients that something is playing at the moment. That wouldn't have been practical via HTTP / TCP.

Have you tried telnet as a socket client on linux? Not sure how to script that, though.

Best,
    Shukuyen[DOUBLEPOST=1453410335][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have Roomie Remote installed in my iPhone and have been using it to run all of my audio-video equipment except for MediaPortal. Remotes are defined in Roomie with XML in an Apple .plist format. Any ideas on how to incorporate the wfiremote.xml file into a .plist format to work with Roomie Remote so I have a remote for my MediaPortal PC running the WifiRemote extension would be appreciated. I like the convenience of having all my remotes in one app on my iPhone.
    I don't know that app, sorry. Plist is just an xml file with defined structure, so you should be able to edit that in any text editor of your choice. The wifiremote.xml file is nothing defined by WifiRemote, it is a remote mapping file that MediaPortal can read.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello,
    Is it possible to send "Aspect Ratio" as a command? I see it in the wifiremote.xml file, but it does not fire when I try to send it using the plugin. Can I edit something to make that button work?

dkw99

April 7, 2006
    Hi, I am looking at using anymote to replace my harmony universal remote in my home theatre. anymote supports sending network commands using UDP, TCP, HTTP GET and HTTP POST. I tried sending some basic commands using the TCP network command using the JSON syntax from the and didn't work.
    I have tried sending the following command on it's own
    {"Type":"command", "Command":"tvguide"}

and then with the following Auth command sent followed by the command above.

{"Type":"identify","Name":"My S7","Application":"anymote","Version","0.3.1.2","Authenticate":{"AuthMethod":"userpass","Password":"","User":""}

Has anyone got the WIFIremote plugin to work with anymote or similar programs?

thanks in advance

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    Due to an bump on myvideo dependancy for the next MP Release, this plugin is identified as no compatible, please can you update your plugin ?

Thanks

dojo80

Portal Member
    August 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

are there any known issues with the Windows 10 anniversary update?
    I can't connect with Couchpotato or MPRemote S anymore, before the update everything worked fine.
    I'm using MP 1.15.0 and remote plugin 0.8.3.

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi Shukuyen,

I am using MP also as radio but not from webstreams but via DVB-S.

I wonder why the ChannelName will be sent in the status message as Title.
    The ChannelName (and ID) in the nowplaying message is wrong and I don't know where he gets this information from. Is this a bug?

BR-KLASSIK is the correct playing channel in this case.

Received message: {"Type":"status","IsPlaying":true,"IsPaused":false,"IsPlayerOnTop":false,"Title":"BR-KLASSIK","CurrentModule":"Radio","SelectedItem":"NDR 2","WindowId":30}​

Received message: {"Type":"nowplaying","Duration":15524,"File":"F:\\Video\\Temp\\live4-0.ts.tsbuffer","Position":15523,"IsTv":false,"IsFullscreen":false,"MediaInfo":{"MediaType":"radio","MpExtId":"933","MpExtMediaType":12,"MpExtProviderId":0,"ChannelId":933,"ChannelName":"NDR Kultur","ArtistName":"","CurrentProgramId":0,"CurrentProgramName":null,"CurrentProgramDescription":null,"CurrentProgramBegin":"\/Date(-62135596800000+0100)\/","CurrentProgramEnd":"\/Date(-62135596800000+0100)\/","NextProgramId":0,"NextProgramName":null,"NextProgramDescription":null,"NextProgramBegin":"\/Date(-62135596800000+0100)\/","NextProgramEnd":"\/Date(-62135596800000+0100)\/","IsWebStream":false,"CurrentUrl":null}}
    Thanks!
    Eggert

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom