WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (3 Viewers)

loopery

Portal Member
September 26, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
A long shoot, but have you tried to disable Bonjour on your pc?

Disabled Bonjour service at startup and restarted -- no change. Everything else works just the same. I thought I needed Bonjour for MPExtended to work?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No, bonjour is only needed for making configuration of the clients simpler.,

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Uploaded another log, but everything looks good to me (and my limited experience with MP). Any other clues?
    From your log file it looks like ampdroid is connecting with invalid authentication data:
    [2015-10-09 03:26:44,385] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - [WIFI_REMOTE] User aMPdroid authentification failed

Check if you use the same settings in WifiRemote config and ampdroid. The crash in the log file is caused by IMDB+, not by WifiRemote (which seems to work as designed if we can believe the log file).[DOUBLEPOST=1444600309][/DOUBLEPOST]
    No, bonjour is only needed for making configuration of the clients simpler.,
    I don't think Bonjour is the issue here. The client finds WifiRemote and a connection is established. This is already beyond the "impact range" of bonjour.

loopery

Portal Member
    September 26, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    From your log file it looks like ampdroid is connecting with invalid authentication data:
    [2015-10-09 03:26:44,385] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - [WIFI_REMOTE] User aMPdroid authentification failed

Big thanks! Didn't realize the login info had to be identical for WifiRemote and MPExtended.

The crash in the log file is caused by IMDB+, not by WifiRemote (which seems to work as designed if we can believe the log file).

Uninstalled IMDB+, but WifiRemote configuration still crashes through the MP extension manager; but it's not really an issue to me, since it works just fine through the plugins section using MP configuration.

Now, to get MPExtended to work outside my local network... (managed to get it working one night, and woke up to it dead o_O)

LukeV

Portal Member
    January 26, 2010
    Hi guys, hope you guys can help me out with a problem...

I'm working with Domoticz (a domotica system om my NAS). For some actions I would like my mediaportal to 'pause' (e.g. when the doorbell rings).

I'm a real N00B with coding. I'm reading and Google-ing alot, but everything I do doesn't seem to work :(

This is my tiny script:

Code:
    curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json"  'http://192.168.1.151:8017'

'{
        "Type":"command",
        "Command":"pause"
    }'

I get a proper response from the server:

{"Type":"welcome","Server_Version":17,"AuthMethod":0,"MPExtendedServicesInstalled":{"MAS":true,"TAS":true,"WSS":true},"TvP
    luginInstalled":false}

But how do I post my request to pause MediaPortal??

Sorry for this question, but it's driving me crazy right now...:eek:

packstlauren

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Guys,

Like Luke V, I'm facing the same issue.
    Does WifiRemote use a standard REST protocol ?

Your help will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Pack

packstlauren

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks you for the reply.

But yes I have read the wiki.
    I 'm using WifiRemote with curl from a linux machine or with a firefox REST client plugin. But what ever I do, the server responds me
    {"Type":"welcome","Server_Version":17,"AuthMethod":0,"MPExtendedServicesInstalled":{"MAS":true,"TAS":true,"WSS":true},"TvP
    luginInstalled":false}.

With the demo client it works. I use the commands logged by this client, but I always get the same response.

Does anybody have succced to use curl and without authentification ?

Thanks,

Pack

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I haven't tried with no authentification but in the wiki it says "For 'userpass' you will have to supply the correct combination of username and password. For 'passcode' you only have to supply a correct PIN. The 'none' authentication method will always authenticate you, without needing any further information."

Have you tried sending the identfiy message from Curl?

packstlauren

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

It seems that WifiRemote is using socket (from client sources). So it is not a standard REST interface.

Does anyone knows how to use socket with a linux command line ?
    I have try netcat but no success.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Pack

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom