0.1.3.0 Internet Radio Streams do not play (1 Viewer)

Steve Warner

Portal Member
July 16, 2005
Area: Radio
MP Version: 0.1.3.0 Final release (not pre-release)
Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: WinXP Pro Service Pack 2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton 333MHz FSB Socket A Processor Model AXDL2600DLV4D - OEM
Memory: 512MB DDR
Motherboard Chipset: Foxconn 400M01-G-6L Socket A (Socket 462) VIA KM400 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 4 MMX 440
Video Card Driver: 5.6.7.3
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Snapstream MPEG2 Decoder
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM internal codec
TV Card: PVR-250 w/ 34-button remote
TV Card Driver: 1.18.21.22266

Synopsis: Internet radio streams do not play
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I've configured the Radio module for streaming an .asx file. I've also dropped the same station into the Radio Playlist as a ShoutCast .pls file. So I've got two versions of the same station to use. If the .asx stream is selected in the Setup, it will automatically play when MP starts. But if I stop it and try to start it again, I get nothing. The player appears along with the Play icon in the lower left corner of the screen. But I get no sound. If I try switching to the ShoutCast file, I get the same results. If I turn off the checkbox in the Setup so that the stream does not play on startup, and if I then try to play the radio stream, I still get nothing. Not from the .asx or from the .pls. I have tried this with other streams from other stations and it works the same way. The stream will play if it's set to go on startup. But once it's stopped, neither it nor any other stream available will play.

I have tried this with both the WM9 and Direct Show music players (set in the Music module) just to see if it helped. It did not. I first encountered this error in the Pre-0.1.3.0 release and did not report it since I found a bug report which was fairly similar in the official bug tracker. However the final release of 0.1.3.0 did not fix the problem.

I'm new to MP, but have used MyHTPC, Meedio, BeyondTV, Beyond Media, and GBPVR. By far, Media Portal is the best of the lot. Any help resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers,

Steve

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I can't find your bug in mantis, could you post what report you are referring to?

Steve Warner

Portal Member
July 16, 2005
mPod: Thanks for looking into it. I really appreciate it.

scoop: Thanks for trying that out. I just dropped the same .asx file (low.asx) into my streams folder. Clicked on it. The hard drive light flickered a bit, but no audio. Then the hard drive light stopped. I'm assuming the drive activity was WMP9 launching.

If it would be helpful, I'd be happy to post the .asx and .pls files I've tried (or the stream info I typed into the Radio module).

Thanks again,

Steve

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Steve Warner said:
If it would be helpful, I'd be happy to post the .asx and .pls files I've tried (or the stream info I typed into the Radio module).

That could never harm... :lol:

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    just wondering
    you are trying to play those files from my radio ?
    not from my music?

i tried it playing from my radio, and all play well

frodo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom