[0.1.3.0] MCE remote : some buttons don't work (1 Viewer)

scoobidoo

Portal Member
October 19, 2004
Home Country
France France
It still doesn't work on my pc. I go on using a version 0.12

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with this guys, we're trying our best to reproduce but can't.

Am I correct in thinking that you are all using XP Home?

pmbsa

Portal Pro
September 27, 2004
Hi, I am using XP Pro SP2. Something very odd is going on though, I have another machine with MP 1.3.0 with the same remote and it seems to work just fine(so I can see why you are battling to reproduce), I am a bit at a loss. I have now rolled back to 1.2.0 on my Machine that was giving problems and all the buttons work... No idea!!!!! its very odd

scoobidoo

Portal Member
October 19, 2004
Home Country
France France
I'm using XP pro SP2.
What is stange is that it's an almost fresh install.
I'll try a new install this week-end and. This will give us some information.
I'll post after this reinstall.

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Same here with XP Pro SP2. 012 works fine, 013 don´t. Volume and Stop button don´t work, didn´t yet test others as I switched back to 012 due to this and my sudden death problem (seems to be solved by the way - thx!! ;) ).

The logs show nothing regarding the remote.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
There is something extremely odd going on here, I know what is causing it but cannot fix it without breaking HID keyboard support so have some Qs...

Are any of you using HIP?

Are any of you using BZR's custom driver?

To the person who had it on one machine and not on another, can you provide a bit more info regarding the difference between these machines.

Basically what has happened is that we added support for those nice multimedia keys on keyboards and some mice, this support also means that HID (Human Input Device) remotes should work pretty well out of the box also. Doing so meant that we were able to move some of the button handlers from the MCE remote code into the HID listener and this has obviously caused an issue for the minority. The most probable cause of the problem is a driver issue but saying that is no solution so pls help by providing as much info as you can.

No need to post logs, in this instance they will provide no useful information.

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Thanks a lot for the info! Isn´t there a possibility to release a patch for those of us not using any of the devices you described, to get back full functionality of the MCE remote?

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Isn´t there a possibility to release a patch for those of us not using any of the devices you described

No, the reason for the above post is so we can try and identify the real cause of the problem and fix it properly...

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
so pls help by providing as much info as you can.

Ok, so here are some of mine:

My XP is Prof and SP2 with all patches,
the tipps, frodo wrote (DXVA, PCI latency, etc.),
my MP is 013 with always copied the latest CVS over the last,
german language,
exclusive DirectX doesn´t change anything,
BlueTwo,
VMR9,
deinterlacing is "best",
tried all codecs on my
SS2 DVB-S card, Astra 19,2E, and
latest drivers,
sound on board (AC97),
ATI Radeon 9600 SE with
Catalyst 5.7 and finallly
MCE remote, european version.

Any further informations needed that may help you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom