[0.1.3.0] MCE remote : some buttons don't work (1 Viewer)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Well a few answers to the two questions above would be a big help, here they are again:

Are any of you using HIP?

Are any of you using BZR's custom driver?

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Ups, sorry:

Nope, none of them afaik. On my living room PC, there is a PS/2 plugged IR-reveiver for my IR keyboard and the USB-receiver for the MCE remote. That´s all.

pmbsa

Portal Pro
September 27, 2004
Hi, I used to run HIP on both machines but that was uninstalled a while ago, I am using the standard Microsoft drivers.
The machine that it works on is almost identical to the one that doesnt work, devices about the same and software pretty much the same, I have an interactive keyboard on the one that does work if thats of any help, the one that doesnt has a standard keyboard.

jasonr6

Portal Member
March 23, 2005
Hobart, Tasmania,AUS
I have just migrated from MCE to XP Home and have found this problem as well, only in My Videos though.
The MCE remote does not respond at all.
I used the drivers from MCE, no HIP.
Remote works fine in all other aspects.

scoobidoo

Portal Member
October 19, 2004
Home Country
France France
I don't use HIP
I have no custom driver, I only use the driver supplied by the SP2.

yankinoz

Portal Member
May 14, 2005
Sydney Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
I don't know if this is related or not, but I have a problem (11 August CVS) where MP periodically stops responding to any remote buttons. But if I wait 10 or 15 seconds, it will respond again. I think this was introduced when I loaded the 11 August CVS but am currenlty living with the problem because just about everything else is working well.

using HIP? - No

using BZR's custom driver? - No

MCE remote, Euro version

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Guys - anyone found a solution to this? I also have the euro MCE remote and replay, skip, volume do nothing. Stop works when watching pre-recorded video.

No running custom drivers or HIP.

(OS = XP Pro SP2)

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Smirnoff, you made my day! It´s working now!!

But I have little stutters now when changing the volume. It seems like it´s affected by the volume OSDs. I´ll try it tomorrow again.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    But I have little stutters now when changing the volume. It seems like it´s affected by the volume OSDs. I´ll try it tomorrow again.

We're working on a solution to that issue already, its machine dependant and I don't experience it on any of my boxes; just like the issue in this thread. Fun fun fun!

*** edit ***

I discovered a problem with the Pause button (while watching a film). The fix will be available in the next CVS build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom