[0.1.3.0] - Volume OSD causes TV video to freeze momentarily (1 Viewer)

civikdude

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
U.S.A.
Smirnoff,

I just tested this by renaming the 2 files to *.bak. The problem was DEFINITELY not as severe, BUT when watching a station with scrolling text (CNN News in the US) the text would freeze during its scrolling. I looked at the extended logging during this, nothing stood out.

mfo - can you confirm by watching a channel such as this? Keep the volume up button depressed to see the effect.

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
As written here, the volume now works for me, but now I have this problem here too. I´ll check it tomorrow, if it depends on the gfx.

Smirnoff, any special logs needed for this?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Smirnoff said:
    just a light bulb moment.
    Hey Smirnoff - if I can assist by doing more testing, or run some debug or trace code for you, I am more than happy to help... :D ... particularly as you are unable to reproduce this problem on your PC/s.

I have deleted the "volume.states.png" and "volume.states.mute.png files" and the stuttering no longer occurs when I change volume - its now as smooth as a baby's b*m! So it looks like the process that displays the "Volume OSD" is causing the sound and video to momentarily pause or stutter?

But, none of the other OSDs (like the tvosd or the tvzaposd) cause any stuttering on my PC - is that a clue?

Anyway, let me know if there is anything I can do to assist..... :?

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Great! After yesterdays CVS missed the volume OSD completely, todays CVS has a OSD bar with not showing how much volume you´ve set. It´s always the same bar.

But: There´s no freeze anymore!

Thanks a lot!!

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Well the latest is that in order to fix an interlace bug Frodo had to change the VMR9 rendering somewhat and this meant that we lost the ability to render the OSD bitmaps in the same way as we did previously so he kindly did the necessaries to get a volume OSD up and running again and the upshot is most definately that the stutters have gone.

This is one of those issues that I'm glad has been resolved, but will continue to wonder how the hell it was happening, all intensive loading of bitmaps etc is done way before the OSD is shown so....

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    I´m sure you´ll find it all. ;)

The channel change is also a lot better and faster with timeshift on. Only my scrambled chans don´t work... :(

csabal

Portal Member
    January 25, 2005
    Volume OSD> where?

I belive I'm not stupid, but I can not see the volume OSD in my MP! Either the mute OSD. When I push the volume up/down, nothing appear.
    I use WM9 renderless, with integrated codecs.

Is there something in MP, I must swich on? Or plugin?

I use 0.1.3.0.

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Nope, nothing to switch on, but it would be very helpful if you could post if you´re using a CVS version and, if yes, which one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom