[0.1.3.0] - Volume OSD causes TV video to freeze momentarily (1 Viewer)

csabal

Portal Member
January 25, 2005
mama said:
Nope, nothing to switch on, but it would be very helpful if you could post if you´re using a CVS version and, if yes, which one.

I don't use cvs, I simply downloaded the 0.1.3.0 version.

I use Silverstone LC11M with integrated Imoon VFD and remote controll.
I think there is something about mapping the volume key on the remote. Since the Imoon remote not supported native in MP, I guess the controll of the volume is handled by the Imoon software, and not MP. And the Imoon software change the Windows system volume I think. That's why the MP volume/mute OSD not appear.

If I will change the key mapping in Imoon software to the MP's volume short key up/down/mute, that is could solve this problem....

I think...I'll give it a try when I get home.

Any suggestion?

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
csabal said:
mama said:
Nope, nothing to switch on, but it would be very helpful if you could post if you´re using a CVS version and, if yes, which one.

I think there is something about mapping the volume key on the remote. Since the Imoon remote not supported native in MP, I guess the controll of the volume is handled by the Imoon software, and not MP. And the Imoon software change the Windows system volume I think. That's why the MP volume/mute OSD not appear.

If I will change the key mapping in Imoon software to the MP's volume short key up/down/mute, that is could solve this problem....

Any suggestion?

You got it !

By default the IMon software catch the volume up / down events from the remote and send them to windows to genereate a system volume up / down.

If you want to use the MP volume bar you have to map the Volume Up / Down to the keys = / - (clearing these 2 keys in the other tab, "Windows CMD" i think, before)

csabal

Portal Member
January 25, 2005
CHli said:
csabal said:
mama said:

Any suggestion?

You got it !

By default the IMon software catch the volume up / down events from the remote and send them to windows to genereate a system volume up / down.

If you want to use the MP volume bar you have to map the Volume Up / Down to the keys = / - (clearing these 2 keys in the other tab, "Windows CMD" i think, before)

Thanks! One problem solved....:)

Any news about when will be the Silverstone LC11M remote native supported in MP?
Like MS MCE remote...

I think this case is the best for HTPC right now.

pepsi_max2k

Portal Member
December 11, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: 0.1.3.0
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: 2500+
Memory: 1.5 GB
Video Card: 9600 Pro
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Mpeg2Dec Filter
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 90002
TV Card Type: hardware, DVB-T

i've got the original problem (sound changing pausing video for 1/3 sec), on TV and videos, and the brown bar when muted. i actually found this thread while checking for a way to make a custom volume table cos at the moment the jumps between the lower volume levels are a bit big for my liking.

EDIT: I hear the latest version has custom volume steppings. def. gonna give it a try now :eek:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom