[0.2.0.0 RC1] Dualhead problem with different resolutions (1 Viewer)

Luemmel

Portal Member
October 14, 2005
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 2.53Ghz, 533Mhz FSB
Memory: 1GB, DDR Infineon
Motherboard Chipset: Asus P4PE, i845PE
Video Card: nVidia Geforce FX5200, 128MB
Video Card Driver: 7.8.0.1
Video Render Type: VMR9

error description:

I have a Geforce FX5200 with two Displays connected:

1: 18" NEC TFT - 1280x1024
2: Grundig TV (with VGA-IN) - 640x480

The dislplays are configured in Dualhead-Mode with two sperate screens (no cloning or so)
01_display_properties.jpg

I want to use MP on the second Screen in 640x480, so i put the MP Icon on the second Desktop:
02_icon.jpg

If i start MP, the Splashscreen appears on Display 2...
03_splash.jpg

... but the MP Window has a Size of 1280x1024 (the resolution of display 1), which is too big for display 2 (640x480)
04_mp.jpg

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Luemmel said:
    The dislplays are configured in Dualhead-Mode with two sperate screens (no cloning or so)
    what happens when you try the clone mode?

you could also try to use your Tv as primary and your monitor as secondary display device.

Luemmel

Portal Member
    October 14, 2005
    infinityloop said:
    what happens when you try the clone mode?
    Cloning works, but i would appreciate a solution with seperate screens and different resulutions.

Note:
    The Splash-Screen is able to detect the correct height/width of the current Screen, because the Splash-Screen is correctly displayed centered. The height/width detection of the mainwindow doesn´t work correctly, because it always returns the height/width of Screen[0].

Maybe you could copy´n past height/width detection from Splash-Screen to mainwindow?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Luemmel said:
    Cloning works, but i would appreciate a solution with seperate screens and different resulutions.
    good to know that cloning works. please set your TV as primary display device and try it again.

the reason for this issue when expanding your desktop to another monitor could be caused by the driver or windows. but thats something one of the developers should be able to tell us.

Luemmel

Portal Member
    October 14, 2005
    Bugfix

Okay... i fetched the latest CVS sources and found the mistake. Edit mediaportal/xbmc/d3dapp.cs and...

...replace Line 360
    Code:
    this.Bounds = new Rectangle(0, 0, Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Width, Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Height);

with:

Code:
    this.Bounds = new Rectangle(Screen.GetBounds(this).X, Screen.GetBounds(this).Y, Screen.GetBounds(this).Width, Screen.GetBounds(this).Height);

And replace Line 361:
    Code:
    this.ClientSize = new Size(Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Width, Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Height);

with:

Code:
    this.ClientSize = new Size(Screen.GetBounds(this).Width, Screen.GetBounds(this).Height);

This Should work under all possible screen configurations.

Luemmel

Portal Member
    October 14, 2005
    This bug is allready present in the latest CVS and RC2... very frustrating.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    since you know how to fix it, you can upload a patch for this problem ::here::

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom