0.2.3.0 RC1: Recording stops at midnight (1 Viewer)

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yesterday I had scheduled two recordings on two different channels at about the same time, the first one stopped just after midnight. After 0:00 it started to randomly record and stop a few KB at a time so I ended up with about 100 recordings of 0 seconds. I missed the end of the show and WAF went straight to hell :( :( :( .

Ok, here are the only logs remaining from yesterday. I hope there is enough information to trace the source of the error. The scheduled recordings where as follow:

1. Channel: Telecinco, show: Los Serrano, start recording 22:00, finish recording: 00:30
    2. Channel: Cuatro, show: House, start recording: 21:55, finish recording: 23:23
    3. Channel: Cuatro, show: House, start recording: 23:23, finish recording: 0:20
    4. Channel: Cuatro, show: House, start recording: 0:20, finish recording: 1:21

"Los Serrano" is scheduled as record every tuesday from 22:00 to 00:30. House is scheduled as record always on this channel.

The show "Los Serrano" stopped half an hour earlier, at 0:00, while we were watching it time-shifted. At the same time there where three House shows back to back on channel Cuatro; I haven't watched them, but they appear to be complete.

Recordings start 10 miunutes earlier and finish 20 minutes later, so "Los Serrano" actually started recording at 21:50.

I've seen on the change log that a recent SVN has fixed some issues regarding the scheduler. I'm going to install the most recent SVN and see what happens. Thanks.

TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: BlackMyst
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: AMD XP 2500+
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 320 GB 7200 rpm 8 MB cache
    Memory: 512 MB DDR333 (2x256 MB Dual Channel)
    Motherboard: Shuttle SN41G2V3
    Motherboard Chipset: nForce 2 MCP
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Sapphire Atlantis ATI Radeon 9600 (passively cooled)
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.4
    Sound Card: built-in
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: Audio driver 4.42 (WHQL)
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Pro PCI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: 3.2.4.0
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdsho beta2a_20070322
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Shuttle SN41G2V3
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Shuttle 250W
    Remote: iMON Knob
    TV: Loewe Cantus
    TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    There have been much work around scheduler & series recording. Haven't had any that stops @ midnight other then in TVE3, but that one it's fixed if it it's not fixed make steps to how to reproduce & i'll check it.

Regards
    Roy

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm now running the SVN MediaPortal-svn--06-27-2007--01-02-Rev15019.exe. Do you think I have to upgrade to a later version? I'm using the internal TV Engine.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    This bug still exists on recent SVN versions (last week, I'll post version later). What's more, if a recording takes place during midnight, my second tuner will start doing recordings of a few KB for as long as the first tuner is recording. So I end up with 80 or more unusable recordings.

I'm using the internal TV Engine. If someone knows that the TV Server doesn't have this bug, I make try it.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    TVE3 should not have this bug & neither TVE2 :confused: , have done lots of testing around midnight with both & doesn't have that problem, attach a log(+ mediaportal.bak, record.bak) when using latest SVN with that problem & tell me what kind of rec it is (manual, weekend, etc + have/or not epg) & i'll reproduce like you have done to see if i can get it too, really weird one this ;)

Regards
    Roy

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yesterday I had this same problem, so here are the logs. Hopefully this will be enough to reproduce the problem, as it happens every time.

I had a single schedule:

-Manual schedule: Record channel Tele5 at 22:00 to 00:30 every tuesday. EPG is present, but the schedule is manually created. Recordings start 10 minutes earlier and finish 20 minutes later, so it actually started recording at 21:50 and stopped at 00:50.

At 00:00 it started to record and stop repeatedly until 00:48, see the logs. The scheduled recording was done without issue, it used the second tuner for those. The recordings that start and stop are useles, the files have only a few KB each.

I'm on MediaPortal-svn--07-02-2007--01-00-Rev15060.exe now.

GBA

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    I have the same problem, recordings stop at 00:00 and a lot of small useless files are created.

Now I run 0.2.3. RC1 with a svn (I am not at home so I don't know the version) With the 0.2.2 I also had the same problem

My schedules are identical to igalan:

I had a single schedule:

-"Manual schedule: Record channel Quatro at 22:00 to 00:30 every tuesday. EPG is present, but the schedule is manually created. Recordings start 10 minutes earlier and finish 20 minutes later, so it actually started recording at 21:50 and stopped at 00:50"

I am not sure but remembering the times I had the problem I think that it only happens on tuesday.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks for posting! That confirms that the problem isn't my fault :) .

I've been able to verify that this problem happens on Tuesday but not on Wendsday, for instance. I had the same schedule running both days, but the problem only happened on Tuesdays. That should make it easier to trace.

GBA

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    The night from sunday to monday I open Mediaportal and it began to do the short and useless recordings . After 3 minutes I close mediaportal to read the logs.

What is strange is that the program that Mdiaportal was trying to record "time to record 'Manual' on channel:T5_a from 22:00:00-1:00:00" is a weekly record for monday-tuesday

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've downloaded the code from SVN and I'm working to fix this issue. I don't have previous experience with C#, but I have experience with Visual C++ and Visual Basic. C# doesn't look that different.

Anyway I think I've found a problem that could be triggering this issue. The function IsRecordingAtTime located in TVRecording.cs does some calculations when a recording spans across two days which are unnecessary and errneous for weekly recordings (our problem). This leads that when MediaPortal queries with this function if a particular weekly recording should be started, it calculates a day earlier for the recording date, and obviously it isn't recording at this time. Then it tries to start the recording. Because no tuners are free, it looks for a recording with lower priority to start this recording. And it does every minute. So we see start-stop recordings. At least that seems to be the problem. I can't debung in the computer that I develope because it doesn't have TV tuner. Now I'm going to the developers forum and ask how to compile my fixes so I can path my system and test it.

I'm already testing my updated Databases.dll. Today I've set a schedule exactly as the one that gave problems, so I'll see if it's fixed now. I've also set a few recordings of every type to test as much as I can. If my tests are successful I'd like that someone else can further test it. I'll post back tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom