Motherboard: Gigabyte S2
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel 965G
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD2600XT
    1. TV Card: Philips SAA7134 DVB-T
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    Cooling: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro
    Power Supply: LC Power 420W
    Remote: X10 Medion

I just installed 0.2.3.0 RC2, and my first improssion is that this version is way slower then 0.2.2.0.
    It takes about 10 seconds to go from My Music/My Movies/... to My Home. It takes about 20 seconds to load the music-database, and it's impossible to load the movie-database.
    Also, MediaPortal constantly gets stuck, with a cpu-ussage of 50% (= one core).

I supose, if this was a general problem, you guys wouldn't release this version.
    So could someone help me to solve these problems? Or could someone tell me how to correctly import old databases to a new MP version?

I really love this program, but imo there's still room for some improvement, eg: something like a patch to upgrade from one version to another without the need of first uninstalling previous versions & manually importing databases. Also, faster database-access would be nice (altough this is probably quite hard to accomplish).

:D for this great piece of software! [and plz help me :p]

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    If you have slow version even with latest SVN something it's wrong, all those 10-20 sec lag in & out of folders should have been gone, maybe attach your mediaportal.log to your post. It should give a signal where the lag is..

Regads
    Roy

generator

Portal Pro
    July 17, 2006
    Leeuwarden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm i notice a new SVN is posted this morning, i've got the SVN from last night. Has this been fixed in the SVN released this morning?

I'm working, so i can't try the SVN from this morning right now...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The in/out of folder lag was fixed some days ago, but fixes are added when problems are found so todays SVN it's probably best to test...

Regards
    Roy

generator

Portal Pro
    July 17, 2006
    Leeuwarden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've installed the latest SVN, but it's still just as slow. When I delete the videos database, and let mediaportal build a new one it's a little bit faster, but still terribly slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom