0.8.0 status again again again :-D (1 Viewer)

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
This will get locked... fforde has asked you a number of times not to talk about the SVN or how to compile it in public threads..

Of course, some things are not to be talked about. Especially evil things like compiling.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't see any issue with talking about compiling from the SVN. No offense, but more and more people will become interested in doing this because it's been so long for 0.8.0 to come out. I ended up doing the same for myself. Not to knock on them though, because I understand that real life issues are def more important.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    But current skins don't support the compiled versions!? Ex. StreamedMP!?

Looking for the catagory view, to be showed correctly...!

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    This will get locked... fforde has asked you a number of times not to talk about the SVN or how to compile it in public threads..

that is incorrect. ;)fforde has asked not to release a compiled svn, that does not mean that a user can not help another how to build one itself. specially when there is some documentation that explains how to do it, but unfortunatly i am not able to get it to work.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

that is incorrect. ;)fforde has asked not to release a compiled svn, that does not mean that a user can not help another how to build one itself. specially when there is some documentation that explains how to do it, but unfortunatly i am not able to get it to work.

But not i public! That makes people asking many questions/help etc. Join IRC if you want help - very usefull. Until now i've reported 6 bugs.

And yes streamMP does support 0.8 in it's svn version.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    But not i public! That makes people asking many questions/help etc. Join IRC if you want help - very usefull. Until now i've reported 6 bugs.

Exactly, fforde has asked numerous times to not discuss SVN versions in the forums. It creates heaps more work for him and the team that isn't needed/wanted in these forums.

This only takes away time from development.

Like 1stdead said, they want the SVN talk in IRC rather than the forums.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Exactly, fforde has asked numerous times to not discuss SVN versions in the forums. It creates heaps more work for him and the team that isn't needed/wanted in these forums.

I don't think any dev wants a bunch of people strolling around in their irc channels asking for instructions on how to compile the project... I completely understand that they don't want self-compiled binaries published here, but helping someone to set up his vs??? Come on, that's exactly what forums should be used for.

Of course it's the decision of the moving-pictures developers but I personally see nothing wrong in discussing this topic in here!

@Gixxer: Are you sure you have added the references? Try removing them first and then readding them instead of replacing them. (VS tends to not update existing references)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

once again...incorrect !

fforde asked not to publish svn compiled versions. he also said not discuss about bugs / problems with SVN versions.

he DID NOT say, do not comment on how to create a svn, or do not comment on the documentation that he (or another dev) made. http://moving-pictures.tv/wiki/Developer's_Guide

if you still are in doubt of who is right... check that link and read...

Code:
      Expand and Update Documentation

As this website is a wiki, it is open for anyone to make changes and modifications, or to add new content. 
    All that is required is a user account here on the wiki which only takes a moment to setup.
     If you come across a page that seems a bit rough or is lacking information, hit that edit button!
     If you think there is a feature that needs documentation that is not currently covered on the website, 
    feel free to create a new page!

i think i know what you are trying to do, but its not working. me for example just want to get some help so 1. i learn how to compile this kind of projects and 2. i can play around in my test setup with 0.8

;)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @Gixxer: Are you sure you have added the references? Try removing them first and then readding them instead of replacing them. (VS tends to not update existing references)

i will try to do that, thank you for your help.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom