0002693: PowerScheduler does not prevent windows standby even when StandbyHandlers di (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: 0002693: PowerScheduler does not prevent windows standby even when StandbyHandler

Talking about code details aren't usually helping the users as wel..

Charly_Brown

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 21, 2008
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: 0002693: PowerScheduler does not prevent windows standby even when StandbyHandler

Even so development details are discussed I'm interested, if this problem is about the standby
    • that is initiated by windows power management
    • or when the user initiates the standby by command or by configuring the power button to force the system to go to standby when pressed
    If the discussion is about the second point, I'm interessted in the solution

Thanks

Charly

nikigraus

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

I am highly interested in that, because standby handling is something that is slowly dragging me away from MP!
    I have a process that must be able to prevent MP from going into standby. But I can't add it to the "preventing processes" list because that process is always there.
    The process is a streaming server that must prevent standby only when it is actively running. Monitoring network activity is not possible because there are also local clients that use the server.
    Usually, every application is able to prevent standby in a normal Windows environment. It would be great if Power Scheduler was also able to do this.

Please provide access to the thread if possible.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom