1.0 RC2 not working on a JVC CRT TV w/s-video (1 Viewer)

ToastyOne

August 4, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I had Media Portal running perfectly. I was originally using Build 0.2.3.0 and everything was running fine. I was only looking to get rid of the occational lock-ups that I was experiencing which I equated to an old build. I currently have an LCD 22" monitor plugged into my VGA port and my JVC CRT tv plugged into the S-video port. The old build had a flawless picture on either screen. When I upgraded, every time I moved the Media Portal window over to the JVC TV screen, the navigation response would become sluggish and freeze for extended periods of time. Also when I did get a movie to play, it would seem to be moving at 15 fps, (very choppy). I tried to uninstall and reinstall the old build, even removing all registry entries I could find and reinstalling the old build. It would error out every time. I finally gave up and went back to the RC2 to see if I could work through the problem but nothing I changed maked any difference.

The program seems to run ok from my monitor, even the remote works. But as soon as I drag the screen over, the remote locks up and causes the mouse to become unresponsive sometimes for several minutes. Is there a fix here? I'm looking at a complete rebuild now.:confused:

TV-Server Version: n/a
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Normal
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: P4
HDD: 60gig IDE
Memory: 1.5GB
Motherboard: HP Pavilion 751N
Video Card: NVIDEA MX4000 128meg
Video Card Driver: 93.81
Sound Card: Onboard
HTPC Case: HP Pavilion 751n
Cooling: Standard
Power Supply: 300W
Remote: Nevius Media X10 RF/IR
TV: JVC 38" CRT
TV - HTPC Connection: S-video

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I don't think you can run MP on secondary monitor (here: TV) with your GFX, as it does not support DX9 on sec.
    Not 100 % sure - try googling or waiting for confirmation. Or just try using TV as only (therefor primary) screen.

ToastyOne

August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't think you can run MP on secondary monitor (here: TV) with your GFX, as it does not support DX9 on sec.
    Not 100 % sure - try googling or waiting for confirmation. Or just try using TV as only (therefor primary) screen.
    Thank you for you reply Spragleknas. I would normally agree with you, but it was working flawlessly with build 0.2.3.0. I only use MP for avi's, MPG's, MP4's, etc. I don't use it as a TV , Music, photo viewer. Since it doesn't upgrade, only uninstall/reinstall, all the settings were lost. I did notice however, that in the general tab of configuration, the primary video source is grayed out and on the old version I had both the monitor and tv listed.

I do obviously have my lcd monitor as my promary desktop and the tv as an extended screen. The settings on the graphics card haven't changed. However, they are set at different refresh rates. I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom