[solved] - 1.16.0 Pre Release . where is symbol rate?

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by dazpp, March 21, 2017.

1. dazpp

dazpp Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 5
    Hi

Just installed 1.16.0 Pre Release and when I search for transponders I can't find where I edit symbol rate. Instead there is a bandwidth option that was not there before.
    I had symbol rate 6875 when searching before.. what's the bandwidth for that?

Regards
    Daniel

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Daniel

Your question is a bit confusing.

From the mention of bandwidth, it sounds like you're looking at the screen/section that's used for scanning for DVB-T or DVB-T2 (digital terrestrial channels, received using an antenna/aerial) channels.

Symbol rate is not an applicable parameter for DVB-T/T2. However it (symbol rate) is applicable for DVB-C (digital cable) and DVB-S/S2 (digital satellite, received using a satellite dish).

In short: your question about what bandwidth to use instead of symbol rate 6875 ks/s doesn't make any sense.
    I further note that we haven't made any changes to the scanning screens/functions you're using for some time.

Are you sure you're looking at the right tuner?

4. dazpp

dazpp Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 5
    It's true it's confusing as my dvb-c usb sticks are detected by tvserver as DVB-T and not C.
    [​IMG]

Drivers I downloaded and installed works and I've used the same tuners last 4-5 years so they work.

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's usually a sign that you've installed the wrong driver.

Which version of MediaPortal were you previously using (where the tuners were detected as DVB-C)?
    Can you attach log files?

• Like Like x 1
  6. dazpp

dazpp Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 5
    I used 1.15 before. This is 1.16 pre release. Should not be any difference there.
    I can't provide logs from 1.15 as I reinstalled the whole box.

7. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I agree - there aren't any changes between those two versions that could explain the change in how your tuners are detected.

I'm not asking for log files from 1.15. Log files from 1.16 PR are what I'm after.

From my perspective this is a very clear indication that the problem is probably caused by you installing a different driver than you were using previously. The particular chipset (eMPIA 28***) that your tuner is designed around is quite popular. There are many different generic drivers available for it. You need to install the correct driver: namely, the one provided for/by the specific vendor/product that you bought. Using a generic driver provided by Microsoft (ie. a driver downloaded from Windows update) is a recipe for problems exactly like the one you're seeing now.

8. dazpp

dazpp Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 5
    The tuners are Sundtek DVB-C/T combined. Before I got 2 tuners for each usb-stick. One C and one T. I disabled the T as I can't use that.
    The logs can be found attached.

9. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
  10. dazpp

dazpp Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 5
    I installed this driver "http://www.sundtek.de/media/sundtek_driver_windows_131218.zip" already and this is what I get when useing it.
    If I try their installer it doesn't find any sundtek hardware so that doesn't work.

11. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!