1.20 issues still exists in 1.21 pre-release (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi CyberSimian

Thank you for getting back to me.

Funnily enough, I use VideoReDo all the time, so I get what you are talking about.

BTW, I have found that will perform the resume processing when I rename the file from dvr-ms to wtv without performing a conversion. The problem is that MP does some things correctly with dvr-ms files and not with wtv files and vice-versa.

Maybe, these issues will be fixed in the next release...….sigh....

Tony

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, I have found the cause of at least one of the problems (resume time not saved)
    It is that the StreamBufferPlayer9 is derived from BaseStreamBufferPlayer which has IsTV set to true.
    StreamBufferPlayer9 is only used for playback of .tv, .sbe and .dvr-ms, and BaseStreamBufferPlayer is only referenced a base for StreamBufferPlayer9

So I guess there are no negative effects to setting the IsTV to false for BaseStreamBufferPlayer, or if you are really cautious then I would say override the IsTV in StreamBufferPlayer9 and set it to false there.

However, checking the history of the IsTV, someone named yamp added the override to set it to true in 2005. Unfortunately no commit message so I don't know why, or if it's still needed (My bet would be: no).

And while I'm at it: could someone please log the error here: MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1, would have saved me quite some time...

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi Doskabouter

Thank you for taking this matter up. It has been a bugbear for quite some time.

It would be great if this could be fixed soon - I still live in hope.

Tony

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    And while I'm at it: could someone please log the error here: MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1, would have saved me quite some time...
    Thank you for fixing one of the problems. (y) :)

Unfortunately, as I am not a developer, I don't know what you mean in the quote above. I am guessing that you are addressing members of the development team? :confused:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom