1.3.1 no longer scheduled? (1 Viewer)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
noticed that 1.31 has been removed from the roadmap and the fixes planned for that release now pushed back to 1.40 which is due end of the year. Now certain fixes that were planned for 1.31 i waiting for as much as 1.30, like the half screen issue as an instance.
Is this set in stone or will there be an interim build before 1.40?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    noticed that 1.31 has been removed from the roadmap and the fixes planned for that release now pushed back to 1.40 which is due end of the year. Now certain fixes that were planned for 1.31 i waiting for as much as 1.30, like the half screen issue as an instance.
    Is this set in stone or will there be an interim build before 1.40?

We changed our developement cycles. There will only be MP 1.3.1 if in MP 1.3.0 Final a serious bug was found which needs immediately to be fixed. Otherwise the next scheduled release will be MP 1.4.0. Also no more Alpha, Beta.... releases.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    wow really ? whats the thinking behind no more beta releases ? and the half screen issue has been pushed back so many times and yet its actively been tested and seems like it works, just suprised that 1.3.1 has been abandoned until 1.4.0 that is a long time for what most may have seen coming in a month or so.
    Dont get me wrong i think all the work that goes into mepo is outstanding and im great full for it!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, MP 1.4.0 is the next release but that means not you have to wait for it for a year. We changed our developement strategie. We try go get shorter release cycles (means more releases). Everything that is ready, tested and documented will go in the next release. So no need to hold back releases because one specific feature is not ready. It will just go in when it is ready. We try to release every 3 months but have to check out if this is a achievable timeframe.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Well, MP 1.4.0 is the next release but that means not you have to wait for it for a year. We changed our developement strategie. We try go get shorter release cycles (means more releases). Everything that is ready, tested and documented will go in the next release. So no need to hold back releases because one specific feature is not ready. It will just go in when it is ready. We try to release every 3 months but have to check out if this is a achievable timeframe.

ok this makes a lot of sense and would in theory mean releases will not be so delayed as you say by a specific feature, how do you for see how much should go into a release feature wise etc how has this changed ?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We can not forsee how much will got into a future release. This depends on a lot of things (e.g. spare time and motivation of our developers etc...). If you look at our roadmap everthing that has the status 'ready for testing' and 'merge pending' are good candidates to get in the next release. No promises tho. There could still come up unexpected problems.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Thank you for the information on how things will work from now and in the future, will be interesting to see how things pan out :)

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    the half screen issue has been pushed back so many times and yet its actively been tested and seems like it works

I am dissappointed too... I was hoping for this issue to be included in this release so badly.. :( but i guess its not high on the list of priorities for the devs.
    Been waiting for so long for this to be sorted out and now have to wait again....[DOUBLEPOST=1363380096][/DOUBLEPOST]
    the half screen issue has been pushed back so many times and yet its actively been tested
    because one of developers who is skilled enough and interested in it, has found time for looking at this issue, so we have moved forward to the solution.

Any chance of a "hotfix" or "patch" when fixed ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom