1.32 Resume not working properly/ No DTS-HD Master audio output from Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both.

1. Resume playback of DVD/Blu-ray is no longer working properly. The symptoms are that if I stop a DVD/Blu-ray, then resume the playback later, the "contine playback from MM:confused:S" prompt displays, but when I press the selection, it goes back to the built-in menu for blu-ray and only when I press the title that I was playing, it then resumes from where I left off.

For DVD, when I press the resume from prompt, nothing happens, and I must restart the disc, go into the episode/title I was watching, then manually fast-forward to the point where I left off.

2. For blu-ray, I have the audio set to "DTS-HD Master" in the blu-ray audio settings through Media Portal Configuration, however, my HTR shows "PCM" as the encoding. This used to work for me on my old PC. For this PC, I have an NVidia RTX 3060 that I am using, whereas my old PC was an AMD APU A10-7850. That said, if I use MPC-HC separately with ffmpeg installed in its directory as suggested here, my HTR does show DTS-HD Master Audio as the encoding.

I'm attaching two separate logs - one set collected by saying "Collect all current logs" with MP-Watch Dog, the other set by running MePo with the MP-WatchDog to report a bug.

Thanks.

Attachments

• MP_Logs_SKYVIEW_24_02_29_21_36.zip
      1.6 MB
    • MP_Logs_SKYVIEW_24_02_29_21_35.zip
      2.5 MB

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both.

1. Resume playback of DVD/Blu-ray is no longer working properly. The symptoms are that if I stop a DVD/Blu-ray, then resume the playback later, the "contine playback from MM:confused:S" prompt displays, but when I press the selection, it goes back to the built-in menu for blu-ray and only when I press the title that I was playing, it then resumes from where I left off.

For DVD, when I press the resume from prompt, nothing happens, and I must restart the disc, go into the episode/title I was watching, then manually fast-forward to the point where I left off.
    I was unable to reproduce your issue (1.33). All BluRay/DVD titles were correctly resumed without asking for the title to play.
    There is an issue with resume(menu not showing up) when the disc is inserted into the drive, but your case is different.
    To see what is going on, you have to use the attached Core.dll (1.33 x86). It includes extra debugging. I will need Mediaportal.log and BDReader-xxx.log. Keep in mind, that BDReader log is automatically cleared upon start of each BluRay playback.
    2. For blu-ray, I have the audio set to "DTS-HD Master" in the blu-ray audio settings through Media Portal Configuration, however, my HTR shows "PCM" as the encoding. This used to work for me on my old PC. For this PC, I have an NVidia RTX 3060 that I am using, whereas my old PC was an AMD APU A10-7850. That said, if I use MPC-HC separately with ffmpeg installed in its directory as suggested here, my HTR does show DTS-HD Master Audio as the encoding.
    LAV audiodecoder is probably switching to PCM because is unable to send DTS bitstream.
    What is you current MediaPortal LAV audiodecoder settings?

Attachments

• Core.x86.1.33.zip
      1.1 MB

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for your reply.

About the DTS-HD Master bitstream, it was many years ago that I set that up on a different PC, and I forgot about the config settings for LAV Filters. Prior to your reply, I re-discovered those settings, and I will check them tonight and ensure that they are setup to bitstream DTS-HD MA as well as Dolby True HD. I'll let you know my results. I suspect that the settings are not correct to bitstream those formats given that MPC-HC has no trouble doing so.

As to the resume issue, I will use the dll to get better logging and supply you with those logs. In case it matters, I should also mention that I am using a blu-ray player component that you gave to me after adding the ability to play UHD Blu-ray discs.

Should I update to 1.33 before expanding on the resume issue?

Thanks again.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    @Pablik As I suspected, and at your request, I checked the LAV Filters settings and found it was not set to bitstream any of the HD Audio formats. I set them all to bitstream, and my HTR now properly detects the DTS-HD Master Audio encoding when playing Blu-ray.

Also, I upgraded from 1.32 to 1.33 and the issue with Resume no longer occurs.

Thanks for your help.

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    @Pablik It seems that I was premature with saying that 1.33 fixed the resume issue. I'm attaching log files created with the core.dll that you supplied. Here's the scenario that created the problem.
    Open a Blu-ray (I had copied one to disc and was playing that) Go anywhere in a title on the blu-ray, hit pause, and wait for the screen to turn off. I'm on Windows 11, and have my screen set to turn off in 5-minutes.
    When the screen turns off, I move the mouse to "wake" the screen, and I find that MediaPortal has exited the player and is back at the "Videos" screen. When I select the copy of the disc, I get the "resume" screen. If I select "Resume from xxxx" the player briefly goes into the title, then stutters and exits back to the "videos" screen again.

There's two sets of logs in the zip denoted by "-1" and "-2". The "-1" log was resuming from another instance of mediaportal where I had paused in a blu-ray, let the screen turn off, mediaportal went back to the "videos" screen, and then I exited mediaportal, downloaded and copied the "core.dll" into the mediaportal folder.

The "-2" logs were after I exited, went into the disc file and started playing a title from the blu-ray copy, then paused, let the screen turn off, then from the "videos" folder, went back into the blu-ray files, selected "resume from xxx" and the player started the resume, played for a brief time, stuttered, then exited back to the "videos" folder again. Nearly the same behavior was happening with DVDs. So I had a DVD file on disc that I had exited previously, and in the same session, I went back into that DVD, selected "resume from xxx" however, the DVD resume seems to be working correctly I have not tried pausing a DVD, letting the screen turn off, and then trying a resume with 1.33 yet.

I have to say that the 1.33 blu-ray player is improved over previous versions. Seeking in a blu-ray never worked properly. It seems to work properly now. Prior to 1.33, if you pressed say jump 15-seconds, it tended to jump to a random location. Chapter seek also acted similarly. Both seem to work perfectly now. Great work!

Attachments

• BDReader-2024-03-02.zip
      74 KB
    Last edited:

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    @Pablik my apologies for bothering you again. However, the resume problem is also happening on TV Recordings. I'm attaching another MediaPortal.log file that should have the instance of the resume problem from a TV Recording. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      44.1 KB

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    @Pablik my apologies for bothering you again. However, the resume problem is also happening on TV Recordings. I'm attaching another MediaPortal.log file that should have the instance of the resume problem from a TV Recording. If you need anything else, please let me know.
    The log shows two seek attempts after start ofthe playback:
    Code:
    [2024-03-04 20:32:50,788] [Log    ] [SeekAbsolute] [DEBUG] - g_Player.SeekAbsolute() - Preparing to seek to 0:22:1
    [2024-03-04 20:32:50,788] [Log    ] [SeekAbsolute] [INFO ] - TsReaderPlayer:seekabs:13210000000 start:0 end:46177700000
    [2024-03-04 20:32:50,798] [Log    ] [SeekAbsolute] [INFO ] - TsReaderPlayer: pos: 13210000000 start:0 end:46177700000
    [2024-03-04 20:32:50,798] [Log    ] [SeekAbsolute] [INFO ] - TsReaderPlayer seek done:1

[2024-03-04 20:32:57,313] [Log    ] [SeekAbsolute] [DEBUG] - g_Player.SeekAbsolute() - Preparing to seek to 0:22:1
    [2024-03-04 20:32:57,313] [Log    ] [SeekAbsolute] [INFO ] - TsReaderPlayer:seekabs:13210000000 start:0 end:46177700000
    [2024-03-04 20:32:57,328] [Log    ] [SeekAbsolute] [INFO ] - TsReaderPlayer: pos: 13210000000 start:0 end:46177700000
    [2024-03-04 20:32:57,328] [Log    ] [SeekAbsolute] [INFO ] - TsReaderPlayer seek done:1

It seems to be fine to me.
    Although, there is a lot of weird logs reporting audio device change: 'NVIDIA High Definition Audio' and 'LG TV (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) '. This changes causing playback to stop right after the start:
    Code:
    [2024-03-04 20:32:50,826] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: RenderFrame - DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
    [2024-03-04 20:32:50,826] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: RenderFrame - DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
    [2024-03-04 20:32:50,827] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer NVIDIA High Definition Audio removed
    [2024-03-04 20:32:50,827] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer LG TV (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) connected
    [2024-03-04 20:32:50,827] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: Stop playback

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Although, there is a lot of weird logs reporting audio device change: 'NVIDIA High Definition Audio' and 'LG TV (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) '. This changes causing playback to stop right after the start:
    I have an Nvidia graphics card (a very old one), and its HD Audio over HDMI is unreliable, becoming disabled randomly (not frequently, but enough to make it annoying). That is why I no longer use audio via HDMI, and instead use audio via USB to a DAC and from there to the amplifier.

Having said that, there is an MP setting Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer (or something like that). If @wiyosaya 's audio is intermittent, that setting would cause playback to stop. So @wiyosaya should check that setting, and disable it if it is enabled (in "MP Config").

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for the replies.

In my old PC, I had an AMD APU which had audio output over HDMI. It always struck me as weird that my LG TV was listed as the audio device instead of the HDMI Audio on the AMD APU, and the LG TV is a pass-through of my Yamaha AV Receiver which does the audio rendering.

In my new media PC, I've got an Nvidia RTX 3060 as the HDMI output, and then the Yamaha AV Receiver passes the video signal to the LG TV, but the Yamaha AV Receiver still does the audio rendering. So its a chain like this: Nvidia Video card HDMI output (video/audio) ->Yamaha AV Receiver (audio rendering/video pass-through) -> LG TV but the LG TV shows up in Windows as the audio device. It was essentially the same chain with my old PC, too.

That said, I'll check in MP Config for that setting, and turn it off if it is on (or whatever setting that will cause playback not to stop). I thought that I might also try setting the LG TV as the default audio device in Windows.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom