1.32 Resume not working properly/ No DTS-HD Master audio output from Blu-ray (3 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    but the Yamaha AV Receiver still does the audio rendering.
    I think that this is a misunderstanding. The audio renderer is a piece of software that runs on your HTPC. According to this page in the Wiki, the audio renderer does this:

This audio renderer combats video playback related issues that almost all (without ReClock) Windows-based media players suffer from. It also provides WASAPI exclusive mode access to audio hardware so that the operating system mixer is not part of the audio pipeline.
    Your Yamaha receiver will extract the audio from the datastream, so that it can perform the D-to-A conversion and send the output to the loudspeakers. The data forwarded to the TV may or may not contain audio (I suspect that it would contain audio, since then it is a simple "pass through").

But I am no expert in these matters, so I am happy to be corrected. :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks again for all the replies.

I found the setting. It is in MP Config under General -> Startup/Resume settings and its "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer". It was set On, so I turned it off, and it seems, so far, anyway, that it has corrected the problem of playback stopping when resuming on a TV Recording, Blu-ray (UHD) and DVD.

However, I did notice a different problem that only occurs with DVD. That is, when resuming a DVD, the Audio passed to my receiver is PCM (as listed on the receiver's information screen) rather than Dolby Digital. If I restart the DVD from the beginning, the audio passed to my receiver is then correctly listed as Dolby Digital. Perhaps this has something to do with the audio renderer being removed?

I also checked to make sure that the receiver was getting DTS-HD Master Audio on resuming the Blu-ray - it is, and I checked on resuming a TV Recording to make sure the receiver was getting Dolby Digital - it is. So both those are passing the correct audio stream to the receiver. Its only when resuming a DVD that the correct audio stream is not passed to the receiver

I am attaching the MediaPortal.log log file that I collected after first resuming the DVD (verifying PCM to the receiver), then restarting the DVD (verifying Dolby Digital to the receiver). There are likely instances of resuming a TV recording in the log file, too.

If you need any additional logs or testing, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      66.2 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    when resuming a DVD, the Audio passed to my receiver is PCM (as listed on the receiver's information screen) rather than Dolby Digital. If I restart the DVD from the beginning, the audio passed to my receiver is then correctly listed as Dolby Digital.
    I also checked to make sure that the receiver was getting DTS-HD Master Audio on resuming the Blu-ray - it is, and I checked on resuming a TV Recording to make sure the receiver was getting Dolby Digital - it is. So both those are passing the correct audio stream to the receiver. Its only when resuming a DVD that the correct audio stream is not passed to the receiver
    This is an interesting observation. It would seem that when resuming playback of a DVD, the MP player code is not looking in the right place to identify the nature of the audio datastream. This will need someone with knowledge of MP internals. Perhaps @Pablik can help here?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Thanks again for all the replies.

I found the setting. It is in MP Config under General -> Startup/Resume settings and its "Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer". It was set On, so I turned it off, and it seems, so far, anyway, that it has corrected the problem of playback stopping when resuming on a TV Recording, Blu-ray (UHD) and DVD.

However, I did notice a different problem that only occurs with DVD. That is, when resuming a DVD, the Audio passed to my receiver is PCM (as listed on the receiver's information screen) rather than Dolby Digital. If I restart the DVD from the beginning, the audio passed to my receiver is then correctly listed as Dolby Digital. Perhaps this has something to do with the audio renderer being removed?

I am attaching the MediaPortal.log log file that I collected after first resuming the DVD (verifying PCM to the receiver), then restarting the DVD (verifying Dolby Digital to the receiver). There are likely instances of resuming a TV recording in the log file, too.

If you need any additional logs or testing, please let me know.

Thanks again.
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output.
    What is your LAV status?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom