1.33 prerelease - c++ 2008 redistributable no longer being detected (1 Viewer)

ksdehoff

February 11, 2024
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS:
This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to get MadVR support in MP1. I installed 1.32 by installing the x86 version of 2008 SP1/ATL (9.0.30729.6161) eventhough I installed the 64bit version of MP1 1.32. When attempting to do the upgrade to 1.33 the dreaded '2008 SP1/ATL' error came up. I've tried installing as many different versions of this package as possible - 9.0.30729.17, 9.0.30729.4148, 9.0.30729.6161 in both 32 and 64 bit. None of them seem to matter. Note that all links to download this particular component fail due to microsoft removing them. Some assistance on this guy would be helpful. I ensure the package is truly gone before the reinstalls, I use the package installer to do the uninstalls.

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS:
This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to get MadVR support in MP1. I installed 1.32 by installing the x86 version of 2008 SP1/ATL (9.0.30729.6161) eventhough I installed the 64bit version of MP1 1.32. When attempting to do the upgrade to 1.33 the dreaded '2008 SP1/ATL' error came up. I've tried installing as many different versions of this package as possible - 9.0.30729.17, 9.0.30729.4148, 9.0.30729.6161 in both 32 and 64 bit. None of them seem to matter. Note that all links to download this particular component fail due to microsoft removing them. Some assistance on this guy would be helpful. I ensure the package is truly gone before the reinstalls, I use the package installer to do the uninstalls.
This one worked for me.

Attachments

• MS Redistributed 2008 x64.zip
    4.9 MB

ksdehoff

February 11, 2024
Home Country
My update: I am up and running on 1.33 - 32bit. After this problem I also ran into a problem with MP-Tvseries throwing an error. So...to get things working - on a clean Windows 11 Pro build (a VM) I installed the 32 bit 1.33 and all is well! I'll stick with this for now.

graymatter

Portal Member
October 17, 2023
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
This one worked for me.
Thanks, this also allowed me to complete the installation process of 1.33 x64. I could have sworn I read somewhere that the x86 version needed to be installed, even for x64 mp.

Anyway, I can run mp x64 now, but TV doesn't launch, I just stay on home screen. Videos work. I was wondering why there was no seperate install for TV server or client during installation - have I missed something?

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
Thanks, this also allowed me to complete the installation process of 1.33 x64. I could have sworn I read somewhere that the x86 version needed to be installed, even for x64 mp.

Anyway, I can run mp x64 now, but TV doesn't launch, I just stay on home screen. Videos work. I was wondering why there was no seperate install for TV server or client during installation - have I missed something?
If you do a fresh install there is an advanced option, I think it's on the third screen.
In advanced the options tv server, single seat and MP client are available.

graymatter

Portal Member
October 17, 2023
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
If you do a fresh install there is an advanced option, I think it's on the third screen.
In advanced the options tv server, single seat and MP client are available.
Yes, I guessed that would be true, but traditionally these options were also available during an update installation. Had awful experience with 1.32, so trying to avoid that again.

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
Yes, I guessed that would be true, but traditionally these options were also available during an update installation. Had awful experience with 1.32, so trying to avoid that again.
Yes, I did a full uninstall and deleted all team MediaPortal folders from Program files and ProgramData to get a fresh start this time.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    traditionally these options were also available during an update installation
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server.

My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV Server to a 64-bit client + 64-bit TV Server. Essentially it is a "world break", and you will need to uninstall and start afresh. :(

On the bright side, I believe that TV Server's export files and the MP config xml file are compatible, so save those before you uninstall MP and TV Server, and then restore them after installation is complete (but I have not yet tried that myself). I have tried a "first time install" of MP 1.33 64-bit, and that completed without any problems. (y)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom