1.5 version - new beta for testing (v4 04.08.) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
- AnyDVDtray.exe should be there when looking processes (icon at taskbar).

It is there, and it is listed as a process, still doesn'T recognize it, but it works all right.

- Subtitles are not burned to picture so are you sure that not using codec which will take care of subs, e.g. ffdshow can do that if subs enabled.

Some looking at ffdshow did it, though I did not change anything...weird, but thanks!

- Quality can be adjusted only via bitrate. And video codec makes a huge difference when playing back how it looks.

Below Mencoder there is a bit rate to be adjusted, but that number (130) seems a little bit low to me, or am I mistaken?

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for the version.
Small visual bug? On skin blue3 (4:3) I do not see the complete progress bar and not the complete titles. My fault (adjustment) or only adjusted for 16:9 skins?
Alfred

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Below Mencoder there is a bit rate to be adjusted, but that number (130) seems a little bit low to me, or am I mistaken?

Scale is 800 - 2000 in settings so how can you have lower than 800?!?

Thanks for the version.
    Small visual bug? On skin blue3 (4:3) I do not see the complete progress bar and not the complete titles. My fault (adjustment) or only adjusted for 16:9 skins?
    Alfred

There is no B3 skin files in installer package at all and for sure wide version skin file is not optimal. You can make one and put it here so I can add it to final version, thx.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Re: 1.5 version - new beta for testing (v4 04.08.)

There is no B3 skin files in installer package at all and for sure wide version skin file is not optimal. You can make one and put it here so I can add it to final version, thx.
    Thanks for the answer. I never have done any changes in the skins, but I will try it. If I get a (reasonable) result, I will let you know.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    XML-file for Blue3 Non Wide (4:3)

Hi Manfred (and all with a Blue3),

I made some changes on the mediaslayer.xml; for me its ok like that, maybe its useful for others (for sure, has to be renamed to mediaslayer.xml).
    I am not a skinner, however, so dont blame me if its not perfect. ;)

Alfred

Attachments

• MediaSlayer_for_Blue3_nonwide.xml
      7.7 KB

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Manfred, I am running into an odd issue I have not seen before.

using the latest beta and streamed MP skin, my music cd's are not being stored correctly. I uninsalled the old version of the plugin, went it and removed the old entries out of the mediaportal.xml file, istalled the new version (latest beta), and configured the plugin. Here is my issue. I configured music to store like "Artist\album (year)\tracknum-songtitle". Instead I am getting an output of this: "Artist\album (year)\tracknum - artist - songtitle". I always be get the artist included in the song title which is the name of the file.

Also, are you using the media portal lookup the the cd information and album art? I am having a lot of issues with no album art or incorrect album art getting pulled for cd's I put in to rip. after it is ripped, I am only getting marginally better album art if I scan for new album art. If i put the same disc in and look at what windows media player pulls down, it is correct. 2 examples I can think of off the top of my head are "disneymania 5" (it pulls down a twighlight sound track cover), and Vanilla Ice (no album art). A lot of my kids cd's have no or incorrect album art. Can you point me in a direction of where\how to get this corrected?

I will post another feature request in the feature request thread, also.

Thanks

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @all,

I really want to use this little Plugin, but it dosen't want to work probably oO
    Is here a documentation how to install it correctly the post in the Mainthread is not really explaining to me?! I already installed AnyDVD, but what schould I do with Mencoder and DVDFab? I selected the "Internal" decoder... so it shouldn't need any other third Party App except AnyDVD, but the plugin always tells me that the DVD Drive isn't ready. I selected the correct Drive in the configuration.

I hope somebody can help me :)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You need to tell more:

Is it telling you that the drive is not ready whilst in configuration or if you try to rip a disc?

Did you try ripping a music cd just to make sure it works with your drive?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This message comes if I try to Rip a disc (DVD). But yesterday it worked suddenly more or less oO
    But the secend disc didn't worked anymore the program opened the drive and told to me "No CD", but it was one inside and the DVD showed up in windows, but was not occupied by Windows...

The program is a very good idea, but themes to be full of bugs. My configuration themes to be independend from the real application and has no affect...
    Is the source code available for this little plugin or is it closed source? It would be really nice to have a look on it ;)

and concerning your second question: No i didn't try to rip a music CD ;)

You are a german guy, too =) that's nice xD so here is my post in german. I think it is better for bugtracking ;)
    --------------------

Also gestern habe ich es gepackt eine DVD zu rippen mit dem Modus "Internal", die 2. DVD ging dann aber nicht mehr, dann hat er immer das DVD Laufwerk geöffnet und gesagt, es wäre keine DVD drinnen, naja er hatte das Laufwerk ja auch geöffnet oO...

Außerdem scheint die Pluginkonfiguration wenig auswirkungen auf das Plugin selbst zu haben, weil wenn ich eine DVD rippen will, dann muss ich immer alle Einstellungen unter MediaPortal selbst nochmal vornehmen bevor ich dann auf "Rip Disc" gehen kann.

Des Weiteren weiß ich nicht genau wie ich das Plugin konfigurieren soll unter den Einstellung (2. Tab (weis gerade den namen nicht))

Und eien weitere Frage: Ist es möglich die DVD auch in mkv oder avi umzuwandeln?! also einen downscale zu machen von cer qualität her?

Ich hoffe du kannst mir nun besser weiter helfen =)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think the issue you are having is that you have to wait a bit while AnyDVD does its thing. I get the same error too if I don't wait and let anydvd finish its processing of the disc before trying to rip it. basically, insert disc, wait for the drive light to stop blinking (it blinks while anydvd is working on the disc right after you insert it to remove copy protection schemes on the disc) then when the light stops blinking or being on, try to rip. AnyDVD is awesome, but does take some time to process a disc sometimes.

If that does not work, another thing to try would be to disable\uninstall anydvd and see if you get the same issues. I found this plugin easy to setup and use. I would like to see some continued development and help there is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom