22khz Tone switch with TVE3 (1 Viewer)

bfrye26

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
I finaly got My DVBS to scan every dish channel only problem is only way i could do it was with a 22khz switch. Does anyone have a way to get MP to utalise the 22khz switch? If so please share your expeirance. It is something i do not know why is not easer to just do. Most other programs just have a way to do so.... yet MP has nothing...

Any help would be amazing!!!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Explain far more information about your satellite setup, card(s) drivers etc.

DMAN

bfrye26

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    I have a Duel core 6600+ with 2gb ram nvidia geforce 8600GS
    My sat card is a digiwave 103G with BDA drivers. I am on windows Vista.

I have a 22khz tone switch attached to two legacy lnbs

In dvddream i get every channel in a scan

The problem is when i use TVE3 there is no setting for what lnb has the tone and what one does not so that is where i am really stuck and MP does not work

Any Solution would be awsome since i would much prefer using MP over a 3rd program to work things

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    More info, cmon!

What sats are the LNB's pointing to?
    What type of LNB's?
    What settings did you use in DVBDream?
    What settings have you tried in TVServer?

When you ask for help bear in mind we know nothing about where you are and what you're trying to achieve.
    So the more info you provide the quicker someone can help you. Think like a support technician. i.e. What information would I require to solve a particular problem.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

bfrye26

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Hello,

I said what type of LNB's there 2 dish legacy ones
    I am pointing at dish 119 and 110
    in DVBdream i just said for the first sat to have no 22khz tone and for the second to have them
    scaned and it worked

I have tried playing with the disecq settings such as trying the simple 1 and 2 seettings aswell as trying to put something in the switch spot.... i forget exacly what number i put in there.

I have known others with this same card to get diseqc to work...

the signal strangth is about 95% on both sats......

Anything else you need that may help figer out how to set up a tone please just ask

jj32257

December 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dman,

Let me help explain what his (and my) problem is:

A popular switch (at least in the United States) is a 22 kHz multi-switch. It allows you to connect, say, 8 receivers to two different LNBs. Each LNB has two outputs. On the switch there are 4 connections for the LNBs. The first two go to one LNB and the third and forth go to a second LNB. Each cable run to a particular LNB is dedicated to either H or V. The switch itself sends 13V on one of the cables always and 18V on the other, always. The receiver selects H or V by either sending 13V (requesting the V feed) or 18V (requesting the H feed). There is also a 22 kHz tone that the receiver can send. If the tone is continuously absent the switch routes the receiver to LBN1 and if the tone is continuosly present you get LNB2.

Simple, effective, rock solid reliable.

The short verson of his question:
    On the standalone media portal install there is the option to choose 22 kHz tone for each LNB you have active. On the server version there is no such option therefore people who own this kind of switch can't choose which LNB they want to get data from.

Typically with every other piece of software I've used you can choose a LOF1 LOF2 and switch frequency and the way you force the tone is by choosing a low switch frequency which then generates the tone we need and operates our switch. Media portal server does have this but it doesn't have it for EACH LNB. The way we'd normally config things in other software is the LNB that doesn't need a tone we'd pick a high switch frequency and on the one that does need the tone we'd pick a low switch frequency. End result is we get or don't get a tone so we can get routed to the correct LNB.

Does that make more sense to you?

The easiest way in the world to program this would be a checkbox for 22 kHz tone on or off for each LNB as exists in the standalone version.

J

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TVServer allows you to have custom settings per LNB but you have to only check 1x LNB at a time.
    To get around this we just have to add the custom settings in the drop down section.

Sooooo, let me know the LOF1 LOF2 & SWitch frequencies you'd need and I'll add them.
    I have recently done this for another user:

NA Custom 1 = LOF1: 11250 LOF2: 11250 SW: 12700
    NA Custom 2 = LOF1: 11250 LOF2: 11250 SW: 12200

This solved their problem with a muti-switch setup.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello,

I said what type of LNB's there 2 dish legacy ones
    I am pointing at dish 119 and 110
    in DVBdream i just said for the first sat to have no 22khz tone and for the second to have them
    scaned and it worked

I have tried playing with the disecq settings such as trying the simple 1 and 2 seettings aswell as trying to put something in the switch spot.... i forget exacly what number i put in there.

I have known others with this same card to get diseqc to work...

the signal strangth is about 95% on both sats......

Anything else you need that may help figer out how to set up a tone please just ask

Get me the LOF1 LOF2 & Switch frequency details.

DMAN

jj32257

December 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    TVServer allows you to have custom settings per LNB but you have to only check 1x LNB at a time.
    To get around this we just have to add the custom settings in the drop down section.

Sooooo, let me know the LOF1 LOF2 & SWitch frequencies you'd need and I'll add them.
    I have recently done this for another user:

NA Custom 1 = LOF1: 11250 LOF2: 11250 SW: 12700
    NA Custom 2 = LOF1: 11250 LOF2: 11250 SW: 12200

This solved their problem with a muti-switch setup.

DMAN
    the NA custom1 and NA custom2 settings as described are exactly what I'm looking for. How do I accomplish this?

Thanks,
    J

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom