24-01-2006 CVS: Problems with recording (2 Viewers)

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good thinking, but I unticked the four recording/cleanup related plugins, turned on the TV and hit Record, and it still died. I'm still using the same CVS though (25 Jan), so maybe some people with a newer version can give it a try.

It also had a crash while I was away today with the same log, my flatmates said they just turned on the TV and MP was frozen, but who knows what they pressed (they only got introduced to MP a few days ago). I don't like reporting a problem when I don't understand it, so I'll see if it happens again and post then.

Ronald: Vacuming robot - that rocks! Does it crash often? :D

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Oh well, worth a shot.

I was getting frequent crashes recently with later CVS versions and an error message about tictactoe not being able to get the MP profile details.

I disabled the TicTacToe plugin and all seems well now. I figured I would wait for a while and see if I could turn it on again in a week or so.

BBQmyNUTZ

Portal Member
    January 29, 2006
    I'm having the same issue, both with and without the new plugins enabled with the latest CVS. Completely locks up my system, using a Theatre 550 based card.

Kai

laeb66

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2005
    Sweden
    CVS 30-01-06

BBQmyNUTZ said:
    I'm having the same issue, both with and without the new plugins enabled with the latest CVS. Completely locks up my system, using a Theatre 550 based card.

Kai

Same resault picture freeze and the sound loop... and the system is note responding...

The plugin dont seen to have any thing to do with the recording problem...
    But playback off movies works again!!!

Do anyone now the name of the log ho handling the start of recording???

laeb66

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2005
    Sweden
    CVS 30-01-06 odd behavior after crach

After the recording crach the movies turn up with a blank screen...
    reinstalled the cvs 30-01 still no picture!
    Put on CVS 28-01 movies wor again! Put on CVS 30-01
    And get movies!!
    ><<tryeed a new recording and crach again!!!
    And after this no movies!!!
    Somthings goes wrong in MP...

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    Marcusb said:
    It's just a guess, but I think these errors may be to do with the automatic clean up options for disk space and episode management that were built in recently.

It may be an idea to try disabling these new features. Go to Plugins and look for the new manager plugins at the bottom of the list.

Just upgraded to cvs-01-30-2006--21-13 and finished testing (and rererebooting).

With or without these 4 plugins I keep having the same problems:
    - TV cleanup episode
    - TV disk space
    - TV notifies
    - TV cleanup recordings

Also tried without Norton virus scanner but same result.

Brocklander said:
    Ronald: Vacuming robot - that rocks! Does it crash often?

Well I never caught it "VACUUMing from within a transaction query" and it "crashes" to the furniture and walls but it gets the job done 8)

Cheers,
    Ronald

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Strange, I don't get these issues with my downstairs PC but with my upstairs one, it records from schedules fine, but if I select "record now" then "Current program" I get a BSOD with a message about the Zulucap driver.

Upstairs has a DVico DTV card and downstairs has two compro cards. Upstairs is also XP Pro while downstairs is MCE. Apart from that the set up is pretty standard. Does this help anyone? Is there any pattern to this issue?

Edit: Ok, I did some further testing. I get the same trouble with the downstairs PC only rather than BSOD MP just crashes and leaves me at the desk top. I guess I don't do enough ad-hoc recording to notice this...

racinghonda

January 11, 2006
    I am having the same issues. I have two Compro DVB-T300 cards. When I press record now on a program I am watching, it freezes. Also with the 31-01-2006 CVS I scheduled two simultaneous recordings, but after the recordings finished it wouldn't play the recordings. And attempts to view previous recordings results in a blank screen with just sound.

I reverted back to the 24-01-2006 CVS which for me is the most stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom