24 series 4 (1 Viewer)

RobTi

Portal Pro
April 29, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
As above problems parsing have done the rest of the seasons okay but this has a prelude at the start and this throws the rest out by 1 e,g episode 1 shows as 2 and so on, and i am left with a file named 1 but no info.
Thetvdb site shows details for this special but i used makmkv and dont have this episode
Robert

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Calgary, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
As above problems parsing have done the rest of the seasons okay but this has a prelude at the start and this throws the rest out by 1 e,g episode 1 shows as 2 and so on, and i am left with a file named 1 but no info.
Thetvdb site shows details for this special but i used makmkv and dont have this episode
Robert

If it's a special prelude it's not the first episode and shouldn't be labelled as such. It should go in Season 0, with the appropriate episode number. Look on the website and see what episode # to give it in season 0 so that it shows up as a special.

RobTi

Portal Pro
April 29, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Robert

If it's a special prelude it's not the first episode and shouldn't be labelled as such. It should go in Season 0, with the appropriate episode number. Look on the website and see what episode # to give it in season 0 so that it shows up as a special.
Thanks but i didn't rip it i only ripped 4x1hr episodes as normal but when i parse them it labels them as above

website has
episode No. 1
episode name Prequel to Season 4
airs before 04x01

Okay tried this with just the first 1hr episode named 24.s04e01 and it comes up as 4x1 with just basic details no art, add the second episode 24.s04e02 and this shows as 4x2 with all the episode 2 details and art but the episode 1 details in the left window

RobTi

Portal Pro
April 29, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Okay cleared all data and imported again picking dvd instead of aired as the special is only on aired and the first episode on dvd is 2.
Name file as 24.s04e01 and still get the same result in details 4x1.
Now if i rename the file to 24.s04e02 all is as it should be,so is it okay to rename all the rest +1.
I thought by picking dvd rather than aired the program would do this automatically :confused:
Robert

S_Behn

Portal Pro
September 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey!

I have the same problem with season 4, 5 and 6. I dont really want rename all the files in a wrong way just to fit the plugin. I already checked thetvdb.org and there the prequel is part of the season. But i dont have these prequels. And MyTV Series interprets the variable "DVD episode" from thetvdb.org as the filename relevant number. But it should be "Episode Number", because there the first episode has "1" and not "2.0".

Of course its a work around to rename all the episodes but then their name is obviously wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you should use "aired order" rather than "dvd order" this is why

look here
    http://www.thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=episode&seriesid=76290&seasonid=23748&id=302445&lid=7

Prequel to Season 5
    Airs after = Season 4
    Airs before = Season 5, Episode 1
    DVD Season = 5
    DVD Episode = 1

On the DVD the prequal = Episode 1
    On aired the prequal = Episode before Episode 1

Prequal to Season 5 filename should be "24 - S00E02 - Prequal To Season 5.avi"

EDIT: example i gave was for season 5, but same logic for season 4... use "24 - S00E01 - Prequel to Season 4.avi"

Robert

Look here -> http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=76290&seasonid=10066&id=189327&lid=7

Code:
    Season 4
    1 : Day 4: 7:00 A.M.-8:00 A.M.
         Episode # = 1 [I](aired order)[/I]
         DVD Episode = 2

Just set to "Aired order" this will fix your problem

S_Behn

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok... honestly, i didnt understand your whole post. And i am not really motivated to look into it because switching to "Aired" helped. :) Thank you! But one further question: Is there any way of changing this without having to write it manually in the 24 item in the tree menu?

Regards,
    S_Behn

S_Behn

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, language problem... i love it :) Ok, can you try to explain me how you would switch from DVD to Aired?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    from memory it will ask you when you import files manually
    also im sure there is an option to use aired order by default (Mp config -> plugins -> My tvseries -> ??? )

from memory it will ask you when you import files manually
    also im sure there is an option to use aired order by default (Mp config -> plugins -> My tvseries -> ??? )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom