2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? (1 Viewer)

MaxTheCB

Portal Member
February 10, 2019
Germany Germany
Country flag
Hi there,
i'm still using V1 because my case has a little touch monitor on wich MPDisplay++ is running.
Today i have searched again for a pluglin like that for V2...nothing to find?
Is there any possibility to use V2 with aditional information screen like mpdisplay++
Thanks for help

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi there,
    i'm still using V1 because my case has a little touch monitor on wich MPDisplay++ is running.
    Today i have searched again for a pluglin like that for V2...nothing to find?
    Is there any possibility to use V2 with aditional information screen like mpdisplay++
    Thanks for help
    No, there is unfortunately no possibility.

Hackee

Portal Member
    November 9, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hello,
    for me there was the same question to be answered.
    I have no solution but a workaround which is working for me, because while using Media Portal 1.xx in the past the i used the second Monitor not for displaying additional Info.
    I always used it for displaying Fanart while listening to Music instead of the TV.
    If that is also your usecase maybe the following might help you.

I Programmed the couloured Buttons with the "advanced mce remote mapper tool" in that way, that it is possible to move the main Monitor Picture to the touch screen Monitor. Because Media Portal is losing Focus while doing this, you have to Program a second Button to go back to fullscreen (on the touch monitor) and a third button to go back to the main monitor.
    The monitor configuration of Windows is set to extended display, so it is possible to define different resolutions.

If you like to have the additional info capability and the possibility to edit the display in the way you like this is surely no alternative to the very powerfull mpdisplay++ plugin.
    But if you like to use your small display instead of the big one with different resolutions and displaying fanart while listening to music and have a comfortable way to switch between the displays with a remote this might be a helpfull workaround.

To use this you have to map in advanced mce remote mapper tool (depending on your monitor seup):

Windows + Shift + right = move media portal to the small monitor
    Windows + Shift + right = move media portal to the big monitor
    alt + Enter = fullscreen

Users who are viewing this thread