2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? (1 Viewer)

MaxTheCB

Portal Member
February 10, 2019
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,
i'm still using V1 because my case has a little touch monitor on wich MPDisplay++ is running.
Today i have searched again for a pluglin like that for V2...nothing to find?
Is there any possibility to use V2 with aditional information screen like mpdisplay++
Thanks for help

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,
    i'm still using V1 because my case has a little touch monitor on wich MPDisplay++ is running.
    Today i have searched again for a pluglin like that for V2...nothing to find?
    Is there any possibility to use V2 with aditional information screen like mpdisplay++
    Thanks for help
    No, there is unfortunately no possibility.

Hackee

Portal Member
    November 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    for me there was the same question to be answered.
    I have no solution but a workaround which is working for me, because while using Media Portal 1.xx in the past the i used the second Monitor not for displaying additional Info.
    I always used it for displaying Fanart while listening to Music instead of the TV.
    If that is also your usecase maybe the following might help you.

I Programmed the couloured Buttons with the "advanced mce remote mapper tool" in that way, that it is possible to move the main Monitor Picture to the touch screen Monitor. Because Media Portal is losing Focus while doing this, you have to Program a second Button to go back to fullscreen (on the touch monitor) and a third button to go back to the main monitor.
    The monitor configuration of Windows is set to extended display, so it is possible to define different resolutions.

If you like to have the additional info capability and the possibility to edit the display in the way you like this is surely no alternative to the very powerfull mpdisplay++ plugin.
    But if you like to use your small display instead of the big one with different resolutions and displaying fanart while listening to music and have a comfortable way to switch between the displays with a remote this might be a helpfull workaround.

To use this you have to map in advanced mce remote mapper tool (depending on your monitor seup):

Windows + Shift + right = move media portal to the small monitor
    Windows + Shift + right = move media portal to the big monitor
    alt + Enter = fullscreen

MaxTheCB

Portal Member
    February 10, 2019
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there...some time is gone...at now...mpdisplay++ works no more at MP1...so i need an alternative...
    Is there no a possibility for secoind screen ?
    Thanks for info

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there...some time is gone...at now...mpdisplay++ works no more at MP1...so i need an alternative...
    Is there no a possibility for secoind screen ?
    Thanks for info
    Still the same, no possibility and I fear we have too few users with a demand and on top of that too less available developer resources

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Those big, "classic" HTPC cases are really outdated those days. No one likes such a huge, noisy and energy consuming PC next to the TV. Nowadays HTPC are tiny little systems (Nuc or less) with (most often) passive cooling and very low power consuming. There is no room left for an extra display. So I don't believe this will ever return, not in MP1, not in MP2 and also not in any other HTPC software. It's time to change the hardware and especially the case, also I know it was very expensive, I too have such a 200++€ case (Silverstone LaScala) laying around under my bed, only because I don't want to dump it as it still is working and was that expensive. But i don't need it and I never will need it again, at least not as a HTPC case...

MaxTheCB

Portal Member
    February 10, 2019
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    Is there any great news for me here...I still like my "ugly" case and it's still on my shelf... ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately not, I think realisticly for 99% this feature will not be developed. The 1% ist only, if an user with same wish as you has coding skills and implements it.

MaxTheCB

Portal Member
    February 10, 2019
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    too bad, then I have to stick with the alternative Kodi with FrontView+...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom