3 Bugs - Channel search, HDTV, UI (1 Viewer)

MrMel

Portal Pro
November 16, 2007
TV-Server Version: RC1 - All revisions to date.
MediaPortal Version: Dedicated Server
MediaPortal Skin: Standard
Windows Version: Vista English
CPU Type: Xeon
HDD: 2 x 500GB
Memory: 4GB
Motherboard: HP Workstation 6400XW
Video Card: Simple
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: None
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FireDTV
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver: Latest from Digital Everywhere
2. TV Card: FloppyDTV
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver: Latest from Digital Everywhere
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC latest (1.65)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Conax, Viasat
TV - HTPC Connection: LAN

Bugs.

1. Scanning 0.8 Intelsat 2/3 (Thor) crashes with bluescreen, this has been since april at least, editing transponderlist to make it smaller helps (updating from KingOfSat and it crashes again).
No special logs, minidump can be arrange, big but get back if needed and I can place it on a FTP server.

2. HDTV channels dont work, cant figure this one out, "Cant create graph" on client side as well as if I do preview on server.
Log says:
2008-06-24 07:52:06.210109 [39]: subch:0 SetTimeShiftFileName no pmt received. Timeshifting failed
All HD Channels on 0.8 Intelsat gives same issue.

TSWriter reports nothing special
24-06-2008 07:51:55.710 CMpTsFilter::pause()
24-06-2008 07:51:55.725 CMpTsFilter::Run()
24-06-2008 07:51:56.38 pmtgrabber: set callback:f5fd78
24-06-2008 07:51:56.38 pmtgrabber: grab pmt:103 sid:edc

Ive tried playing around with TS File settings, Mpeg instead of TS, I tried rescanning the channels...

(logs for this attached)

3. Clientside, MediaPortal (Vista), getting "any channel tuning error, (No audiovideo etc, do you want to tune to previous channel) its quite often that the question box looses focus, and you cant get back to with the remote control, only way to get rid of it is to open the "Channel list" and that seems to over-ride the question box.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    1. Scanning 0.8 Intelsat 2/3 (Thor) crashes with bluescreen, this has been since april at least, editing transponderlist to make it smaller helps (updating from KingOfSat and it crashes again).
    No special logs, minidump can be arrange, big but get back if needed and I can place it on a FTP server.

Almost every single BSOD is caused by a faulty hardware or broken drivers. For software itself its not possible to cause a BSOD (unless it triggers some kernel / driver side bug that causes the crash).

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    Actually, I just finished installing latest SVN, and now the scanning part works, it was something in the MediaPortal...
    Anyway, that works now.

Still "no pmt" on the HD channels though.

(Thor 0.8 2/3, all HD Channels is the same)

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    I'm pretty sure that it wasnt

The difference in mediaportal between this and last SVN I installed is that in this there was Two Thor 0.8, one 2/3 and one something else.
    I guess the underlying transponder list was updated in a such way it worked now.

Any hint what so ever what could cause the PMT issue? Software, CAM, Hardware, Card?
    Annoying since I had HD channels working good a while back.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm pretty sure that it wasnt

The difference in mediaportal between this and last SVN I installed is that in this there was Two Thor 0.8, one 2/3 and one something else.
    I guess the underlying transponder list was updated in a such way it worked now.

Still it sounds like a driver bug. Most likely when TVE3 sets something odd that the driver doesnt understand the driver does something "illegal" and kernel panics.

Any hint what so ever what could cause the PMT issue? Software, CAM, Hardware, Card?
    Annoying since I had HD channels working good a while back.

Unfortunately no, but you shoud provide a TS dump so maybe gemx can have a look on that issue at some point. Debugging/TS-dumps - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    Still it sounds like a driver bug. Most likely when TVE3 sets something odd that the driver doesnt understand the driver does something "illegal" and kernel panics.

yup, probably an overflow somewhere, but Digital Everywheres own program could scan sucessfully using the same kingofsat file.

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    I spent 7 straight hours yesterday.

Got it working, both scanning & PMT issue.

It was all linked to the crashed scan I think, PMT issue was because it tuningdetail was corrupt.
    Scanning issue is another thing though, I found some threads here with people having the same issue with FireDTV, that pointed me into the correct direction.
    (Full power reboot + edit the Ini file, No change just edit and save, fixed it so I could scan)

After I could complete a full scan without hickup (about 20 blue-dumps later), I can now tune HD Channels.

think MP missing some "reset" command before it tunes a FireDTV, I could tune in DTVViewer at any time, even when MP couldnt or couldnt find any channels.

focal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi MrMel,

I have had the same problem for a long time! What .ini file are you refering to?

The latest build gave me a new problem... When scanning, TV Server only found SD Channels and Kanal 5 HD... none of the other HD channels... (tried to rescan, but nothing came up). Earlier builds gave me the HD channels (but also a lot of BSOD). Do you have any idea of why the HD channels are missing?

I am using a FloppyDTV-S2 with the newest firmware!

/focal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom