3DMP - Blue version Beta1 (3 Viewers)

Vote please while download

• Ugly skin. I will post for what.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Hi, can someone tell want i have to change in the basichome.xml to have the My movies button linked to the movies plugin instead of the screen of my recordings?

thanks

ashtonaut

Portal Member
October 11, 2005
Hi Vanessa,

Firstly, I have to let you know that I think this skin is fantastic, and 3DMP or something close to it should definitely be the default MP skin! I really like your work.

I have had a quick play with the skin within MP, and I have a suggestion for the layout of the homescreen that I think might make it a bit clearer, as I was slightly confused when I first saw it.

The 'standard' MP skins (BlueTwo, MCE) have a home layout where the list items above and below the current selection are (logically) the items that would be selected by scrolling up or down. The homescreen of 3DMP is different, where the label above the current selection is actually the title for the current selection. The 'subtitle' is contained in the highlighted part. For example, in this screenshot, it looks like the 'up' action would select My Videos, where in reality 'My Videos' is the current item, and My TV is 'up'. The 'down' behavior is logical, where in this case it is 'My Weather'.

My suggestion would be to adopt a layout like this, where the logical appearance of the homescreen items is retained. I know that in my mockup there are no longer 'subheadings' for the menu items, but to be honest I don't think these are required. (In any case, it would be simple to retain the subheadings within the current item box if desired)

I would be interested to know what you (and other skin users) think of this idea. I think it makes the homescreen a little bit cleaner and navigation more logical, especially for users who are used to the more traditional skins like BlueTwo.

I would try to make this modification to the skin myself, but i don't have access to your Photoshop files to easily change transparencies etc...

Any thoughts?

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
I tottaly agree. I have already told Vanessa about that and I was under the impresion that she had already changed it to that.

The first version is very confusing indeed.

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
j1nx said:
Hi, can someone tell want i have to change in the basichome.xml to have the My movies button linked to the movies plugin instead of the screen of my recordings?

thanks

Nevermind, i figured it out.

Changed the hyperlink from 25 to 6

Great skin, it's so hard to choice lately.

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
ashtonaut said:
Hi Vanessa,

Firstly, I have to let you know that I think this skin is fantastic, and 3DMP or something close to it should definitely be the default MP skin! I really like your work.

Any thoughts?

If you had taken a look at the screenshots of beta2 u'd seen she already dont that. Saving u a big post :lol:

ashtonaut

Portal Member
October 11, 2005
If you had taken a look at the screenshots of beta2 u'd seen she already dont that. Saving u a big post

OK, I managed to find the screenshot you are talking about. I was confused by the topic of this thread - "version Beta2 Screenshots". Well, that was a waste of a post :) I will now wait for Beta 2 to be released. I hope Vanessa follows mPod's request when it is time for release, it is much easier to find downloads if they are in a central location.

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Vanessa said:
htpcMe said:
rtv said:
I'd also like the mini-epg to have smaller but more items 8)

Whatever you do, please leave the mini-epg the way you have it. It is sooooooo difficult reading the "little" epg/TV-Guide from my CRT. I always have to change the font which results in things sometimes just not looking right.

BTW... The skin is looking awesome. I can't wait to fire it up and show me wife. Until then, no other skin can get her to change from, and I quote, "the little snowmen" (bluetwo).

Ciaó

More big that others skins only for you...

untitled3copyjq5.png
I also don't like the MiniEPG with only 4 items on each page. Scrolling through the MiniEPG has 21 pages for you Vanessa. Isn't that hard to navigate? Ok MCE and also BlueTwo only have 5 channels on each page (17 pages for you). For me there could be 6 items to have less pages in the MiniEPG (14 pages for you). The MiniEPG in BlueTwo uses less space than the one in 3DMP and is well readable on my old CRT with a resolution of 720x576. :roll:

ohdarklord

Portal Pro
December 31, 2005
Scotland
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
j1nx said:
Nevermind, i figured it out.

Changed the hyperlink from 25 to 6

thanks for saying how to fix that problem its been driving me crazey

Vanessa

This is probably the best skin for mp right now

Do you have any plans to do any other colors as you called this one 3dmp-blue version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom