Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    aMPed TV Server fix

Here are the files for the screens you showed me so far. I am still trying to figure you why you don't get recorded tv data on genres/tv channels views.

I really could use your TVGuide data. Not mytvguide.xml but TVGuide.xml which is located in the folder you specified in TVServer Setup (in MP Configurations) under Program Guide.

I can't get a decent EPG in India, so my data is pretty thin.

P.S. Can you check if you get the Genre/TV Channel Recorded TV data in the original Blue3 skin? You can also check any other problems you find against Blue3 and let me know if they work there, cuz then I can just copy in the code :)

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    sorry bout that mate, bedtime is a must its half 9 in the morning here now, i cant seem to find that file anywhere on my computer i've done a search and it didnt come up

ill try the blue3 skin and compare it for you

is there a download for the original skin, i deleted it once i found your one suited my needs

Edit: The files you uploaded have corrected the text defects, as far as i can tell all text everywhere seems to be spot on :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    No worries, I managed to create some test data that seems to work.

So I found a few more which you may not have run into yet. Here's a new zip with them all (I made some more minor changes to the ones I sent previously)

Have you tried the TV Server Scheduler Search? There are xmls for it, but I don't know what they do exactly! Just let me know if Search is working OK. I think I managed to check everything else.

Are you still unable to view RecordedTV in Genres/TV Channels view? I can't dupllicate that here.

At lot of the TV Section is still from Blue3. I really want to do a major overhaul/redesign, maybe for the next big release, if I get time!

I really appreciate your feedback cuz I was feeling bad that I had not been able to check the TVServer pages. Thanks a ton. Let us know if there's anything else you'd like :)

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Search is working ok, as far as i can tell everything seems in order, i still cant get genre view in recorded tv etc, ill pesonally have a look into it, it could be a problem on my behalf i will report once i find out something

cheers

moh

Portal Member
    February 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    and a big Thanks! for this great skin.

But also one issue ;-)

Using Blue3++ I had no problems to see the rss-feed at the bottom of the home screen.
    But with aMPed the feed seems to be displayed at another position - it moved closer to the bottom border of the screen.
    As a result I can only see the first line of pixels of the feed - and that's really not enough :D

Could you please consider some overscan at the bottom?

<edit>
    This seems to be a general problem - when playing a video and showing the movie-info osd I can only see 2/3 of the textbox - the rest is out of screen.
    </edit>

Ah, and I still have the issue with wrapping of the wheather text (you remember the bug report in blue3++?) - I took a screenshot of it here:

The words 'bewölkt und windig' should be displayed in one line (no wrapping) - there is enough space left.

Thanks & Regards,
    moh

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There's not much space left, I don't think the rss feed etc can be moved upwards really with the current design. Maybe using a different resolution will help.

About the wrapping, the width of that tag is already 750 which is bigger then the intended screen. The only thing I can think of is that there's a linebreak in your weather feed. But that should be noticed in other skins too.

all this can be adjusted through editing common.window.xml.

-----Edit--------

You could try the attachment for the wrapping problem, I made it a fadelabel

Attachments

• common.window.xml
      30.6 KB

moh

Portal Member
    February 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi joz,
    my current resolution is 720*576 - PAL. It really doesn't make sense to switch to a higher resolution for this 'old school' 4:3 crt ;-)

What happened to 'aMPed stands for readability and usability first, design second' ? *hehe*
    Just kidding. ;)

I'll play around with the common.window.xml, maybe I'll find a setting that fixes my issues.
    If not, I'll stay with blue3++ - it works really good and fits my needs nearly perfectly (besides the weather-thing)...

Thanks & Regards,
    moh

<edit>
    Hi joz,
    just recognized your edit - thanks, I'll try this modification!

But please understand me:
    I can live with the wrapping-issue.

But that overscan-thing is a no-go for me. Everything worked well with Blue3++, I have seen everything on screen. But with aMPed, I really have problems with controls and gfx which aren't completely visible on screen (only at the bottom, everything else looks perfect). Not only the rss-feed, also other things.

Is there really no way to fix this? As I already mentioned it seems to be a general issue, because it affects a lot of views...

Sorry, no idea, but I'll keep track of aMPed, maybe we'll find a solution...

Thanks & Regards,
    moh
    </edit>

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    moh said:
    Is there really no way to fix this?
    You got me, don't know really why this sort of thing tend to happen.
    Moving up everything on every screen to keep track of the overscan will mean editing a lot. What's overscan exactly? I got my ATI driver setup to automatically do stuff and resize it, resolution is set to 1024x768, can't pick 720x576. This also means I do not use the whole screen, it has tiny black bars on top / bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom