4 TV-tuner cards Mediaserver (2 Viewers)

Freakyaudio

Portal Member
December 15, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thanks once again, i am going to love this forum with all the feedbacks! :)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Why does it need to be a medisbased motherboard? Will you be using the server as a client aswell? You could always use a "normal" motherboard with a dedicated gfx-card aswell.

DAx_dk

Portal Member
    July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I got "nervous" because of the issues that the function is related too, but no doubt that the amount of TV-tuners will involve, som difficulties. At this point i might have to consider a FloppyDTV card instead, but they are a tad pricey compared to the Terratec cards.

Do you eventually know a good mainboard with either 780G chipset or an Intel which might have 4 PCI-slots instead of 2? Something tells me that 4 PCI32 slots are quite rare on newer "media"-based mainboards these days.

I haven't found any mainboards with the chipset 780G and 4 PCI slot's(I doubt that it exits :) ) but MSI released last fall a "MSI P45 Neo3-FIR" with chipset P45 (hence the name ;) ) but it is relatively pricy (above 200$ in DK). You can find it here MSI P45 Neo3-FIR (471548) - Pris TOP 10 - EDBpriser.dk (Danish price index site)

Regards

DAx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom