[fixed] [4231] Skin Engine : Wheel mouse always scroll 3 lines even if only 2 are displayed on screen (1 Viewer)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This problem is very annoying for me as I mostly use my mouse too control MP2 (ok this is not the main goal of the software, but there's a mouse support, so it sould work "correctly")

The easiest way to understand what I mean is to use Titanium skin, in the main page.

If you point the mouse on "Browse media" and wheel down, then the 3rd line is not displayed, and it goes to the 4th line directly.

Then "News", "Slim TV Client" and "Weather" are not shown, as if the would not exist.

The "scrollbar" controlled with the mouse always scroll 3 lines, in every list.

I very know it's pretty hard to make this control work correctly, as there's a lot of cases, but I'd be very please if someone can fix it :D

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @offbyone you did already work in focus handling part of MP2, could you take a look into this issue? I think it affects WrapPanels, maybe others also.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Issue should be fixed. Branch is created for testin: BUG4231_ScrollingSkipsRows: http://git.io/IrQASQ [^]

@Testers please check this change in all available skins and layouts: ListViews, WrapPanel ("GridView") and everything that can scroll is affected.

The issue is seen best in Titanium Home screen.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, sorry forgot to reply here. And thanks for fixing it!

I have done a lot of research in MP2 core code about Input, and my rework plan for Input Management grew pretty big. Actually so big, that I have to start a topic about it, so we can discuss the way to go. The current code is kind of hardwired on suggesting a keyboard and mouse is always present - and IMHO it should not be that way at all. We need to start thinking (and implementing) with the goal of a Settop box with only a remote.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have done a lot of research in MP2 core code about Input, and my rework plan for Input Management grew pretty big.
    Would be nice to have such plans / ideas / suggestions available anywhere. Does not need to be a thread in forums. Your personal page/section in wiki might be a good place for it. So others are able to follow your thoughts, but you are not interrupted, if you don't want to, like it would be within a forum thread.
    Of course this is only helps if you already store your thoughts digital on you PC. If you have it on paper only, it would be additional work :p ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom