5.1 Sound stuttering DVBT2HD HEVC (1 Viewer)

charliekay74

Portal Pro
June 6, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
ive got problems with the new tv standard DVBT2 HEVC in Germany.
TV Shows with stereo 2.0 run smooth but tv shows with 5.1 Sound
the sound is stuttering. Im using a hdmi y-cable that links to
TV and Sony Receiver. In the audio settings in Kodi i chose at the top
"Sony Receiver HDMI" an 5.1 channels (did also try 2.0) and
at the bottom allow passthrough and also "Sony Receiver HDMI".
Im using mediaportal 16pre and kodi 17.1. Can i choose another
codec or switch off surround sound?! Is the Mediaportal PVR Addon
for Kodi still ready for pass over 5.1 Sound properly?

Kodi 17.1, Mediaportal 1.16pre, Windows 10, i3 , Asrock110M, 8GB Ram

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Im using a hdmi y-cable that links to TV and Sony Receiver.
    This is quite unusual. It's more conventional to connect the HDMI from HTPC to AV receiver then connect the AV receiver output to the TV. Sometimes it may be appropriate to connect the HTPC to the TV then connect the TV to the receiver.

Can i choose another codec or switch off surround sound?
    In MediaPortal Configuration there are various options, but they won't help unless you're actually using MediaPortal (the front end/client). It sounds like you're using KODI instead of MediaPortal, so you'll need to ask this question on the KODI forum.

Is the Mediaportal PVR Addon for Kodi still ready for pass over 5.1 Sound properly?
    I expect it should be fine.

charliekay74

Portal Pro
    June 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello

This is quite unusual. It's more conventional to connect the HDMI from HTPC to AV receiver then connect the AV receiver output to the TV. Sometimes it may be appropriate to connect the HTPC to the TV then connect the TV to the receiver.

In MediaPortal Configuration there are various options, but they won't help unless you're actually using MediaPortal (the front end/client). It sounds like you're using KODI instead of MediaPortal, so you'll need to ask this question on the KODI forum.

I expect it should be fine.

i have dual monitors, so i have to do it like this. But i tested also to plug hdmi directly to TV and the sound that comes out of TV loudspeakers also stutters. Tried also different hdmi cables. And to switch from the HDMI output of NVIDIA Graphic card to Intel On Board Card. No Difference. It Stutters on.
    ---
    Yes, i use Kodi as frontend and mediaportal as PVR base. I asked also in Kodi Forum. But no helpful hint up to now.

charliekay74

Portal Pro
    June 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PS: Ive got the

MediaPortal TVServer - TVServerKodi / TVServerXBMC plugin from

Kodi - TVServerKodi

MediaPortal 1.10 - 1.15 / 1.2 summer '15 .- TVServerKodi plugin v1.15.0.137

Note: This version is compatible with MediaPortal v1.10.x, v1.11.x, v1.12.x, v1.13.x, v1.14.0, v1.15.0, v1.2 summer '15 (and hopefully above). See below for older MediaPortal versions.

This TVServer plugin (or standalone tool for debugging purposes) is the server side for the MediaPortal PVR addon.

or do i need another version for 1.16pre mediaportal?

PS: now installed Mediaportal 1.16 Final, its still stuttering

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, i use Kodi as frontend and mediaportal as PVR base. I asked also in Kodi Forum. But no helpful hint up to now.
    I'm sorry that you haven't received any help at the KODI forum, but we're still not able to help you here unless you can reproduce the problem with the MediaPortal front end.

or do i need another version for 1.16pre mediaportal?
    I don't know for sure but I would guess that version is fine.

The stuttering is very likely to be caused by codec problems.
    Codecs are related to the front end, not the back end (PVR).
    That's why I've said that we can't help you unless you're using MediaPortal as front end.
    In other words: I think the problem has nothing to do with MediaPortal, so it's pointless to ask for help here.

charliekay74

Portal Pro
    June 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay, i will check the playback on mediaportal....not sure if 5.1is working there...but i thought in this forum maybe is someone with the same constellation or knows about the mediaportal pvr addons/plugins. I think im not the only one who uses mp/kodi combination. And live tv is based on mp. So it must be legal to ask a question;-)

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi! Is this stuttering on all channels? I did have it only with the ones on the transponder of "Das Erste" and got rid of it by installing the latest nightly of LAV. The important change seems to be the one from March 30 ... But that's without guarantee as my sound setup is different.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    He's using KODI, and I thought KODI used built-in codecs, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom