[6.0.3] Trakt for MediaPortal [2020-01-01] (9 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New minor release available v5.5.1:
    • Added support to view a liked comment from the activity dashboard, the skin's Text dialog is used.
    • Added an advanced setting to skip sync of movies that have no online ID e.g. IMDb or TMDb ID. Setting is enabled by default, if your data scraper in MovingPictures, MyFilms or MyVideos does not contain one of these ID's then it is recommended to disable this setting. If setting is disabled then the plugin will also send Title and Year for best match. Most users will have one of these ID's in their database.
    • Fixed a serialisation issue when a tv show rating was added to the cache, this would cause a crash on shutdown when persisting to disk.
    • Updated translations from Transifex.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

I noticed I now having moving pictures -> trakt -> related movies. Nice feature!

We also have Moving Pictures -> Trakt -> Actors -> List of Actors. It would be nice if clicking on an actor brought up a list of movies in collection that have that actor, or a list of movies that the actor is in. And clicking on movies in the list would either load that movie detail page (if in library) or play the trailer.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I noticed I now having moving pictures -> trakt -> related movies. Nice feature!
    heh, that's been there for a couple years.

We also have Moving Pictures -> Trakt -> Actors -> List of Actors. It would be nice if clicking on an actor brought up a list of movies in collection that have that actor, or a list of movies that the actor is in. And clicking on movies in the list would either load that movie detail page (if in library) or play the trailer.
    I plan on making improvements to that area when I create a Actor Details screen i.e. Bio plus movies starred in, directed etc.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i only just noticed it :)

I think id use the actors list quite a lot if it linked to all their movies. Actor bio wouldn't be useful for me, that is just eye candy. As to whether or not the list of movies should contain all movies or just movies in your library. My preference would be all movies, with different coloured text (ie greyed out) or an icon indicating what is in the local library. I would use the list of movies not in my library to view the trailer and decide if I should 'acquire' these movies or not :p

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, when I have implemented it, it will be awesome :)

Right now, it just does a search for each actor individually and only gives you a screen shot, pretty much not very useful unless you like pictures.

What I plan on making is a Trakt.Movie.People and Trakt.Show.People GUI, this will just be a single API call to get all the people for a show or movie (even episode e.g. guest stars), it will have all the meta data for the person, when clicking on the person you will be able to view all their associated movies, shows, episodes etc. It will display everything by default and can be filtered by collected, watched etc. You will also see the standard overlays on the posters to see if you have watched or collected as well.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New minor release v5.5.2 is available:
    • Fixed Unwatched sync for Movies not working.
    • Added support for new user rating field (10 point scale) in MovingPictures v1.8.1.
    • Added support to open a 'Liked' list from user activity stream on the dashboard.
    • Added some protection against bad responses from the trakt API for user lists including Watchlists.
    • Update local databases when manually rating from the trakt external menu in corresponding plugins (MovPics, MP-TVSeries, MyFilms).
    • Updated translations from Transifex.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    THX, Damien, that fixes the MP crashes I had when entering MyLists from dashboard
    No worries, this is a API issue which I have reported where I request for Images and Metadata but it does not return. I had to add some protection against this until fixed otherwise you see the crash you mention.

For now it would just show basic data until this issue is fixed on the server.

EDIT: a fix to the API will be pushed to the live server today so this should work as expected again from then.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The next thing added to Trakt is full person summary with their corresponding movie/show credits (cast and crew). There is also Credits for Movies and Shows built into the menus.

Example workflows:

1. From an external plugin such as MovingPictures you can invoke the trakt menu to view the Cast and Crew e.g.
    PluginTraktMenu.jpg

or from any context menu with-in trakt e.g. Trending Dashboard on BasicHome:
    CastAndCrewContextMenu.jpg

2. View the Cast for a particular Movie or Show by selecting the corresponding menu item:
    Cast
    MovieCast.jpg

Crew
    MovieCrew.jpg

3. You can view all Movie and Show Credits (Cast and Crew) for a particular person by clicking on a person anywhere you can see a person in the trakt GUI:
    PersonSummary.jpg

4. Click on Movie Credits or Show Credits to see corresponding credits for the person:
    PersonMovieCreditTypes.jpg

5. Click on one of the available credit types for the person (different ones available depending on the person):
    PersonMovieActor.jpg

There are a few skin changes required for this update, but its very easy if you're already familiar with skinning for the trakt plugin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom