[Music] 5012: Start current music track from the beginning (2 Viewers)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When a music track is played and the skip backward button is pressed, MediaPortal plays the previous track from the playlist.

It would be useful to handle the skip backward button like other media players do:
    If skip backward button is pressed the currently played track starts from the beginning.
    If the skip backward button is pressed twice within a short period the previous track from the playlist is played.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    If the skip backward button is pressed twice within a short period the previous track from the playlist is played.
    As far as I remember this is impossible ...
    If skip backward button is pressed the currently played track starts from the beginning.
    When backward button is pressed this means playing the previous track, and this is a global feature for music, video, pictures.

It is necessary to add a new action, and this action to map to the button on the remote control or keyboard, and when you click on it what you want will happen. :)

But there is one thing But! This action can be global (for sure this is a more complicated way) and local in the music playback window (this is a simple way).

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your feedback, really appreciated!
    For my use case it would be sufficient to assign the new action to the music playback (Playing Now) window only.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you make the new action depending on the track playback position? If the track was played for more than five seconds start the current track from the beginning, otherwise skip to the previous track.
    I'd like to assign the same (skip backward) key to this action to have the same function as with other media players.

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Map new action to button, when need playback again, press this button, if need previous press previous button.

For the option as you described, it is necessary to configure who needs this behavior and who does not, but here I pass.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom