5090: Show File Name When Displaying Photo (2 Viewers)

macmr

Portal Pro
August 21, 2011
Home Country
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is it possible to have MP show the file names of photos that are being displayed in the photo viewer?

I like to name my files with a description of what the photo is about so having this on the screen as an overlay on maybe the lower right corner would let me know what I am looking at

Thanks

macmr

Portal Pro
August 21, 2011
Home Country
Just press F3 ;)
Ok thanks that worked but having to do it for every photo is a bit tedious. Would be nice to be able to lock it on?

Also while testing on MP 1.25 I noticed that if you start a slideshow and after a few photos you then pause and press F3 it only displays the filename from the first photo not the one you are actually viewing. It's as if it's not staying in sync with the slideshow if that makes sense!

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok thanks that worked but having to do it for every photo is a bit tedious. Would be nice to be able to lock it on?

Also while testing on MP 1.25 I noticed that if you start a slideshow and after a few photos you then pause and press F3 it only displays the filename from the first photo not the one you are actually viewing. It's as if it's not staying in sync with the slideshow if that makes sense!
    Think that´s something for the devs ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks is that something I need to follow up on and if so who to?
    I´ll inform devs about this and then we wait for a solution ;)
    @ajs What do you think about the possibility to show the name of a photo when in fullscreen (other than pressing F3 for EXIF-Infos)?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    What do you think about the possibility to show the name of a photo when in fullscreen (other than pressing F3 for EXIF-Infos)?
    It seems to me that such a possibility already exists, but I could be mistaken ...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I was wrong, there is no such possibility, but I think you can add, just I don’t know how best, add it to the settings, or to the skin ...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We could test adding the new property in skin with fade after some time ;)

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks guys good to see there might be a solution?

Just a reminder also about the filename display not staying in sync when running in slideshow mode (MP 1.25 so it may be fixed in later releases)

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom