[WiP] 5154: MediaPortal 1 - x64 - SharpDX (2 Viewers)

AdHu86

Portal Pro
January 14, 2022
Berlin
Home Country
England England
MP1 is more convenient, more functional, more beautiful, and does not repeat Kodi. Why MP2 If there is Kodi that works on any platform and is much more stable than MP2? You don't have to answer, it's a rhetorical question.
It’s a bit tiring meanwhile to hear always the same wrong arguments, MP2 has nothing to do with Kodi and you have simply no idea what you are talking about. MP2 does several things that Kodi does, because it’s simply the right way, mainstream, needed by most people. It doesn’t help to stick to a 80‘s SW and insisting it’s doing everything better than others. The Power Scheduler argument is true, others have at least arguments.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    MP2 has nothing to do with Kodi and you have simply no idea what you are talking about
    MP2 fully replicates the concept of Kodi's user interface, which is what we are working with. MP1 is much more user-friendly in the GUI. And the skins in MP1 are just prettier.
    Also, creating themes and skins in MP2 is pain and suffering, so is supporting fanarts and other fan graphics.
    You like MP2, use MP2.
    As a user of MP1 since 2006, and as a user who has tried all versions of MP2, and as a user who uses Kodi regulary (raspberry pi, android) in parallel with MP1, i can say that there are no pluses in MP2 compared to MP1 and Kodi. My choice is MP1, in case it stops working, there is Kodi.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just want to confirm that to test this I only need to extract the contents of the download to the Team MeadiaPortal folder of a MP 1.30 install in Program Files (x86)?

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Just want to confirm that to test this I only need to extract the contents of the download to the Team MeadiaPortal folder of a MP 1.30 install in Program Files (x86)?
    Yes. Actually you can place the folder where you like and rename it.
    I'm using this one for x64: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
    And for x86: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have given it a try but nothing plays I just get an error regarding codecs, an example for TV is shown in the attached sreenshot. LAV x 64 (77.2) is definitely installed and I also tried uninstalling LAV and just reinstalling the x64 components but no change. Where have I gone wrong?

Untitled.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I can see it´s MP x64 without TV Server ;)
    So how can I connect to the TV server? The install was working with TV prior to overwriting with the x64 files and it is not just TV, all video (.MP4, .MKV etc. etc.) as far as I can tell fails in a similar way just different codecs listed in the error.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    As far as I can see it´s MP x64 without TV Server ;)
    Mine is working well. No problem at all.
    I have given it a try but nothing plays I just get an error regarding codecs, an example for TV is shown in the attached sreenshot. LAV x 64 (77.2) is definitely installed and I also tried uninstalling LAV and just reinstalling the x64 components but no change. Where have I gone wrong?

View attachment 211310
    Can you post the log?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All logs were cleared prior to the attached one which was an attempt to play TV that resulted in an error as per my previous post then an attempt to play a .mkv video which resulted in a black screen hang and MP had to be closed with Task Manager same for an attempt to play a .MP4 video. The x86 install is still working OK.

Attachments

• MP_Logs_RANDOM_23_03_29_22_07.zip
      1.1 MB

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Are you sure the TsReader.ax filter is properly registered? Did you run 'install_filters.bat' ?
    Can you set log level to Debug?

Code:
    [2023-03-29 22:03:45,133] [Error  ] [FilterChecker] [ERROR] - TVHome: *** WARNING *** Unable to detect registered filter: TsReader.ax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom