6800GT TV Out (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
Has anyone connected a 6800GT to a TV, i'm keen to connect mine up to my TV however its not a HDTV, so i have to figure out some way of outputting either VGA or DVI and get it into the TV via SCART or preferrably Component, The reason i dont' wont to use S-video or RCA it just doesnt' seem to be a clear picture that way, Can anyone suggest a way of doing it, or even someone who has done it where they got a cable to connect it up?
Thanks

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
yeah can't seem to find much info on it, a lot of people seem to have hdtv and have it connected via a DVI cable which is what i would love to use too, however dont' have the connectors on my tv

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Ive got a 6200 and a rather inexpensive widescreen 76cm tv. Its just an average crt screen and even that has component in. Text is beautifully crisp and easily readible even in higher resolutions. So much nicer than when I was using my 9250 + svideo.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    so callifo,
    You are getting quite a clear picture using the 6200 and Svideo on your tv? the text is not blurry? what resolution do you have your computer outputting it at? is the settings in the video card set to clone?
    Thanks

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Using 720x576 and the text in internet explorer is readable up to about 3 meters away. With svideo I could never even read it close up.

Basically it asks what signal you want, and PAL B for me is what is used for svideo/composite. To set component you have to scroll down and select 576i SDTV. This switches on the HDTV encoder and you get component out.

Before this I hadnt worked out that bit and couldnt work out why component was only outputting the luminance and red but no blue. Fixed after switching on the hdtv encoder.

Dont use clone as the TV is the primary display.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey callifo,

It is still not clear how you have connected your 6200 card to your TV display - do you use component, s-video, or composite connection? You have mentioned all 3 in your reply.

I assume that you are using component (since this gives the best quality), so you must have a special cable or connector that provides component connections (3 RCA sockets) from the VGA connector on your 6200?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Edited it, I meant component not composite.

This video card has a HDTV encoder, it has a dongle coming from a special socket inbetween the vga and dvi ports which has svideo/composite and component all coming out.

6600_4.jpg

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    bugger so i presume that the plug is unique for that type of card, so theother end wouldn't go in my 6800GT card, just trying to find an alternative to using Svideo or RCA to the TV, maybe i'm stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom