A couple of MP2 Questions (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Firstly, congratulations, and well done for such an amazing effort. I have had a little play with MP2 today and it seems to be a great product in the making!

I have set up the MP2 Server to run on my server PC and put a shortcut into the windows startup folder. I have then setup the client to run on the client PC using multishortcut from MP1.2.2. This setup seems to be a very nice way of testing MP2 without too much disturbance to my system, so hopefully I will be able to do some good Alpha testing.

Questions:

1) I have looked around quite a lot, but I can't find a way to quit MP2 using the remote control (only using the mouse to click on the small X in the corner of the screen). Am I missing something, cos this would be useful to return to MP1.2.2 after "playing" with MP2.

2) I have been able to get the TVService working on my server (single seat mode) using MP2, but I can not connect to the client. I have entered the IP address (simply putting "192.168.1.3" without any "//" or anything else with it). Are there any firewall settings I need to change to get this to work?

3) Should the MP1.X keyboard shortcuts work with MP2? The reason I ask is because buttons like STOP (b) don't work when media is playing. Is this work-in-progress, or might I have a bug?

4) The release information for MP2 says that "Online Videos" is already released for MP2. Where do I find it?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks again!

Robbo100

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Sorry for this post, I didn't realist that this thread had a couple of answers: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tal-2-alpha-version.106234/page-5#post-848520

So to answer my own questions (in case someone else is looking for these answers), they are as follows:

1) This sounds like it might be a specific skin issue and it might work with other skins, I will play with other skins later and report it if it is a specific problem with the skin I am using. The little X in the top corner should work with the remote.

2) ? - I will do some more playing and see if I can get it working.

3) Not all keyboard keys work yet, so this is not a bug.

4)? - I still can't find it.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    @1 Ive tested all three skins, The X appears sometimes only if you navigate to the top left corner.
    @2 You need to install TV4Home Core service on your Tv Server to get SlimTV Client working.
    @3 The remote control is not fully implemented jet. Best to use mouse/keyboard atm.
    @4 OnlineVideos is team internal released. The "public" version should be out next days...

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Thanks Lehmden,

@1 I will give it a go.
    @2 I already have this setup and I can get it to work on my server in single-seat mode, but I can not get my separate client to connect to the TV4Home Core Service server over the network (I am going to try playing with disabling firewalls first). Is there any way I can test TV4Home Core Service the connection between the client and server so I can illuminate MP2 from the problem?
    @3 Thanks
    @4 OK, thanks - I thought I had a problem with my eyes when I couldn't see it ;)

Robbo100

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    @2 Did not tested this on client only until now. Got the same error and created a bug report...

:ROFLMAO: I didn't think it was going to be a bug - I just thought I was being inept (and didn't want to flood the bug thread with my stupidity)!

Thanks for posting the bug.

I will have a look at Online Videos - Thanks for the update.

Robbo100

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    P.S. I couldn't see the bug report, but I presume it is somewhere in mantis rather than on the bug report thread?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Thanks mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom