A decoder for the new track could not be found. track type: SRT/UTF8 (1 Viewer)

Datenshi

Portal Member
November 21, 2007
Im getting error msg when i try to run an x264 .mkv file
"A decoder for the new track could not be found. track type: SRT/UTF8"
I figure it has something to do with the subtitle track on the mkv, its damn annoying because the file plays fine including subtitle AFTER ive clicked "ok" on the Error Msgbox =\ im running the latest stable version of Media Portal. Also my other x264 .mkv file wont even start...

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i have a sample mkv files i can upload somwhere if needs be for testing

its about 150mb sample of the movie 300 in mkv format x264 video and 5.1 audio

it has the same issue with the subtitle track

i find if i click "ok" or "enter" then i hear the pc load a bit and nothing happens

then i hit it again and i see the error message as u guys have reported

i click "ok" or "enter" again and the movie starts

JLoser

Portal Member
    September 15, 2006
    Nevermind, found out what my problem was. I had vsfilter set to load under Haali splitter options but didn't have DirectVobsub installed. After installing, problem resolved. :oops:

LttlScamp

Portal Member
    August 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have the same problem. Only VSFilter is set to NOT autoload in Haali. But if I install DirectVobSub the message goes away but MP no longer uses the Cyberlink decoder for HW acceleration. Even though there are no post-processing filters enabled for MP. So the question is, how do I make this go away without DirectVobSub so I can have the HW acceleration?

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same problem here!
    I just want to watch my h254 DTS 5.1 1080p Pirates o/t C I just downloaded. All other players I've tried work. When I use Pdvd decoder I get this stupid SRT-UTF8 errormessage and the video gives a black screen.
    When I set it to FFdshow it works, but the imagequality of PDVD8 decoder is better and with HW acc. so I really want to use that one.

Could anyone tell us how to use PDVD decoder with h264 in Mediaportal, without this SRT-UTF8 messsage...

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    In Haali Media Splitter Settings, there is an option "Display error messages" (Options tab -> Interface)

Do you guys have "Yes" or "No" there?

LttlScamp

Portal Member
    August 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It's a known bug. Fixed in RC2. Will just have to wait for release. The problem happens when you have DirectVOBSub installed regardless of whether it's set in the post-processing options or not.

For the time being either use software decode or live with the error message until RC2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom