1.29.0 A few channels are missing in MediaPortal which are present in other liveTV-software (1 Viewer)

aalemann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After many years of successful usage of MediaPortal, we were forced to upgrade the htpc (it's now more than 10 years old). I needed to buy a new tuner card for the new PC as the old card did not fit into the new PC (the old was a PCI card, but the new motherboard only has PCIe slots).

So I bought a WinTV-NOVA-S2 from Hauppauge (DVB-S2) and tested it first with the software that came with the tuner, WinTV v10. This software found all channels. Using MediaPortal, however, I was not able to found all sender, some are missing. Missing/not working are Sat1, RTL, vox, ProSieben, Kabel1, others are working without problems (Das Erste HD, ZDF HD, kabel1 Doku, Sat1 Gold, Pro7 MAXX, RTLup....). So I manually added the missing channels, but still no success.

Attached are the logs, where I first tuned into a working channel, and then into a non-working channel. Every hint is greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• 331928_MP_Logs_DESKTOP-DK12Q6C_21_11_16_16_36.zip
      2.7 MB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That was MP 1.15.
    From "TvServer_SetupTv.2.log", it looks as though you imported channel definitions into MP 1.29 (257 channels, 2 channel groups). Presumably you had previously exported these definitions from MP 1.15. Although this ought to work, I am not sure that it will work when there is such a large difference in the MP versions (there may have been intervening changes).

Also, the new PC is not using the same tuners as the old PC, which may cause the imported channel definitions to be wrong in some way. In fact, I notice that there is a file called "tvserver_AnalogCard_Configuration-3-Hauppauge WinTV 885 Tuner.xml". Where did that come from? Did the old PC use Hauppauge 885 tuners?

I would suggest that you perform a fresh channel scan using the new tuners. I have never used satellite TV, but I understand that there can be thousands of channels receivable. If you remember to select Enable channel movement detection before scanning for channels, TV Server should remember your selections, that is:
    • Channels that you have already selected should remain selected.
    • Channels that you have deselected should remain deselected.
    Channel-movement detection does not work 100%, so you may end up with some duplicates where one channel works but the other does not. You can delete the non-working channels.

If the rescan eliminates the problem for tuner 1, remember to use "Map Channels" to map the channels found to tuner 2 (otherwise you will need to perform a channel scan for tuner 2).

If a channel scan does not solve the problem, I would suggest deleting all of the existing channels and then repeating the channel scan. This will avoid the channels inheriting any bad settings from the channel definitions imported previously. Note: deleting all of the channels will also delete your recording schedule, so you will need to recreate that.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

aalemann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot for your detailed answer! I tried as you suggested, i.e.
    • enable channel movement detection
    • check the map channels section
    • deleting all existing channels
    • full new scan
    Unfortunately, nothing of that solved the problem.

Concerning the "tvserver_AnalogCard_Configuration-3-Hauppauge WinTV 885 Tuner.xml", that might come from the fact that I had previously used another Hauppauge PCIe card, but that was basically not working at all. I

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Unfortunately, nothing of that solved the problem.
    :(. I have never used satellite TV, and I regret that I do not know what the problem might be.

TV Server scans only those frequencies that are defined in the tuning-parameters file for the satellite that you are scanning, so it is possible that the missing channels have moved to a new frequency that is not contained in the tuning-parameters file. But I suspect that that is unlikely to have happened.

Sorry, but I don't have any other suggestions.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom