a few questions regarding Blu-Ray support (2 Viewers)

MaKin

Portal Pro
June 9, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for the advice! Will there be no problem with the A6 CPU when it comes to Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray 3D playback? I don't want to risk sluggish interface movement in MePo and playback.

EDIT: I thought about the "One for all UC 7962" as my remote of choice. Can you tell me whether it will work with the IR-receiver of the MS-Tech 1200 / Techsolo 2200 case?https://www.google.de/search?client...oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=lYi1UbbQIJGBhQe_goHoBw

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MaKin said:
    Thanks for the advice! Will there be no problem with the A6 CPU when it comes to Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray 3D playback? I don't want to risk sluggish interface movement in MePo and playback.

I don't own one so I can't test, but I would be surprised if it had trouble, The lowly A4-5XXX CPU can handle bluray (but I wouldn't recommend going that slow). I can't comment on bluray 3d capabilities of any of the AMD cpus. If you want to save money the A6 would be fine.

EDIT: Not familiar with that remote, generally I tell everyone to get an MCE compatible IR receiver, because it only requires ticking one box to setup with mediaportal, there are no drivers to install, it is cheap ($20USD incl P&P from china for remote + receiver + IR blaster) and it works with all the different media centers.[DOUBLEPOST=1370857099][/DOUBLEPOST]Had a quick look at both cases, they are labelled as "MCE compatible" so as long as they are what they say they are, they will be fine :)

Last edited:

MaKin

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good to know what to look for! Thank you! :) The hardware components should arrive tomorrow!

MaKin

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Alright. I have not planned anything like that but can you tell me why? :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    They make integrated IR receivers +VFD/LCD displays for HTPC cases. They use proprietary drivers + interface. Nightmare to use with MP/other software. Just my opinion, others may differ.

MaKin

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. But it shouldn't matter for me anyway. The hardware should arrive tomorrow and I will keep you guys up to date and probably bring up more questions. ;) :)

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    They make integrated IR receivers +VFD/LCD displays for HTPC cases. They use proprietary drivers + interface. Nightmare to use with MP/other software. Just my opinion, others may differ.

I have first hand experience of this and would agree totally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom