A Few Simple Mods? Possible? (1 Viewer)

the_scotsman

Portal Member
June 21, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
I'm new to MePO. Have come from WMC (yes, another one :p).

I love the look of Titan, but would love to be able to make a couple of minor tweaks and need to know if it's possible,

I don't like the Live TV submenu. Would it be possible (with some xml tweaking etc) to remove the sub menu, and replace another basic home item (pictures or radio) with Recorded TV?

I'm sure it must be possible, but I'm by no means an expert with the xml stuff.

Also, is it possible to remove some of the home items, Pictures or Radio, as I won't use them at all.

I saw some references to Titan Editor, but its old and no longer works it seems.

Appreciate any help. Thanks :)

the_scotsman

Portal Member
June 21, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
I just tried installing it again, but I still get an error trying to launch it. Looks like it's possibly related to .NET, but it's Win8.1 and is installed.

Very annoying. I have the latest MePO and Titan Extended. Not sure what else I can do?

the_scotsman

Portal Member
June 21, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
If I launch it from the Plugin options page, I get this:

m4EhFiS.png

I then get details of the error as per the attached text file.

If I launch it from the desktop shortcut I get this:

q3FYP8U.png

Attachments

• Error Message.TXT
    20.3 KB

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Titan Extended is no longer included with current versions of MediaPortal, so I'd guess that some files for the editor are also no longer present. If you first install the last version of MediaPortal that included Extended (1.8 I think), then upgrade to the current version, that should work. I don't know if you need to do a full uninstall first, not sure how MediaPortal is about downgrading. That would be my guess anyway.

Download old versions here http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediaportal/files/MediaPortal Setup/.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Or read release news...

The Titan team have decided to stop development on Titan Extended. Therefore it has been removed from the installer. If you already have Titan Extended, this won't affect you. For clean installs you will need to download Titan Extended manually from the plugins repository in order to find skin files for plugins

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/widescreen/titan-extended

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Or read release news...

The Titan team have decided to stop development on Titan Extended. Therefore it has been removed from the installer. If you already have Titan Extended, this won't affect you. For clean installs you will need to download Titan Extended manually from the plugins repository in order to find skin files for plugins

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/widescreen/titan-extended
    We know. Some of us still like Titan Extended and continue to use it.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @tony72 , you either didn't read my posting or didn't understand it;)

There is no need to install an old MediaPortal version first to restore Titan Extended. Instead just download the respective package from the repository by using the link that I provided.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    @HTTP_Sourcerer - sorry if I took wrong meaning from your post. The OP said "I have the latest MePO and Titan Extended" in the third post above, so I assumed he has already tried it that way, but maybe I didn't understand correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom