A guide to stutter free playback with Reclock (2 Viewers)

ErikLarsson

Portal Pro
May 9, 2006
Um, you have a Vsync, but the question is if you can sync against it.

When you have jerky video, how does the cross behave and where is it positioned?

Try to click the "remove all refresh rate bla bla" so you start of clean, and redo the whole process.

Pepreal

Portal Member
August 31, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The remove thing already did that a couple of times and if you mean that thing on the left site that going around, than is about 10% from the upper site and its going to jerk is shooting down about in the middle

ErikLarsson

Portal Pro
May 9, 2006
Sorry man this is just way to cryptic to decipher.

You need to clearly state what you are doing, and what settings are on/off. Kinda like this:
VSYCN: on or off
Cross location: Different every time / Always at some spot
Cross movement: Crawls / stays still
White dots: All over the place / Together so they form a cross

Do this for all possible situations and i can help you further with this.

Pepreal

Portal Member
August 31, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sorry man this is just way to cryptic to decipher.

You need to clearly state what you are doing, and what settings are on/off. Kinda like this:
VSYCN: on or off
Cross location: Different every time / Always at some spot
Cross movement: Crawls / stays still
White dots: All over the place / Together so they form a cross

Do this for all possible situations and i can help you further with this.

VSYCN: on
Cross location: Always at some spot (most of the time, about 10% down from upper conner)
Cross movement: Crawls sometimes and most of the time its still
White dots: All over the place (sometimes)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    the vsynch correction seems related to evr. I've tried to use vsynch correction under Media Portal+Evr+Windows Vista Sp1. But it doesn't work. Shift F11+F12 move the area from the bottom to the top but the vsynch cursor don't move.
    I've tried to use vmr9 exclusive mode MP mode. With vmr9 work. I'm trying the evr relarted issue about random stuttering. Maybe swithing to vmr9 the problem is not present. even so Evr should be the better choice also with reclock.

note: whit Ati vdeo card and catalyst the vmr9 renderer do not work in deinterlacing method is forced to "vector adaptive". With automatic setting vmr9 work.

Pepreal

Portal Member
    August 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    so i have to set the ati drivers in automatic mode to get is working, oke i will try that

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi Erik!

thank you for taking your time to write your guide! This worked for me great. I have a non-24p capable Pana plasma and my 23,9 and 24 fps movies were a pain for my eyes (but not seriously for other people though). I managed to config Reclock only for the Videos section in MP (not for TV), Vista 32bit, EVR, ATi HD3200.

Interestingly I have my jitter area also in the upper part of screen as you. I use subtitles and therefore the DXVA is broken without ReClock already, but I can still use DXVA for TV (inclusive HDTV which is very important for me).

Nevertheless your guide was something for advanced users :) not a tep-by-step thing. Maybe a good idea because unexperienced users should leave reclock alone.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    I have a Samsung LCD that supports 24, 50 and 60 hz playback so is reclock useful for me? I have been messing with it and have found that it has helped stop the small sped up segments when playing 1080p material. Does reclock know that my monitor will display 24 hz content and adjust it properly or will it assume 25? Is it good to use with the refreh rate changer in the SVN of MP? I have slight sync issues when playing 24hz material if I use the refresh rate changer no matter if I use reclock or not.

I use CoreAVC for hd decoding, ffdshow for audio and MPV for everything else. I have a ATI 4350 connected using HDMI if that matters.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have a Samsung LCD that supports 24, 50 and 60 hz playback so is reclock useful for me? I have been messing with it and have found that it has helped stop the small sped up segments when playing 1080p material. Does reclock know that my monitor will display 24 hz content and adjust it properly or will it assume 25? Is it good to use with the refreh rate changer in the SVN of MP? I have slight sync issues when playing 24hz material if I use the refresh rate changer no matter if I use reclock or not.

I use CoreAVC for hd decoding, ffdshow for audio and MPV for everything else. I have a ATI 4350 connected using HDMI if that matters.

Your state is better than mine because I've not 24 support.
    Anyway Reclock is usefull because match continually the audio (and the video)
    with the tv refresh rate .
    the MP refresh rate changer anyway is usefull. because cinema material at 23,976 fps or 24 fps should change
    the refresh rate to 24 hz. pal material to 50 and ntsc 29.978 or 30 fps to 60 HZ.
    If fps is closed to refresh rate reclock adjust fine the audio speed to the neareast refresh rate.

warlockboy

September 2, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    how do i make reclock work with videos but not TV?

how did you set reclock to work with videos and not tv?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom