A little help with new install pls (1 Viewer)

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just getting the new setup ready as the winxp-mp1.5 seems to be on the verge of a cliff.
ran into an issue quite early on, only installed windows>added .net 3.5>mb chipset driver>mp(singseat-mysql)> saf filters and tv card drivers, a clean install of win10, and everything appears to go ok until i try to config the tv server after installing the dvbsky 9580 card.
Seems the install can't see the tv card but tvservice is seen running in task manager
TVS_config_error.JPG
TVS_config_error_2.JPG

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_20_09_19__21_42.zip
    154.8 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Seems the install can't see the tv card
    Unfortunately, MP's TV expert is taking an indefinite sabbatical at the moment, and I am not sure that there is anyone else who can offer advice.

I notice from your system specs that you have or had a Pinnacle tuner in your old system. If that will fit in your new system (i.e. the PCI slot type is compatible), it might be worthwhile trying the Pinnacle to see if it will work.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Unfortunately, MP's TV expert is taking an indefinite sabbatical at the moment, and I am not sure that there is anyone else who can offer advice.

I notice from your system specs that you have or had a Pinnacle tuner in your old system. If that will fit in your new system (i.e. the PCI slot type is compatible), it might be worthwhile trying the Pinnacle to see if it will work.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ah that.s a shame.
    This is a new system i am in the process of building as i have weird issues with my old winxp/mp1.5 system after the existing dvbt/sat card in there blew a tuner, it doesn't like me replacing it with a version 3 of the card and crashes the whole system after a couple of hours watching.
    The pinnacle i still have but think it may be too old to have drivers for win10 and as it's not hd capable don't really wanna spend time trying to get that working.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Well after a flattening of the disk, reinstall of OS with card already fitted-card, drivers and straight into MP install this has disappeared.
    Previous attempt differences were:
    1. card was fitted last just before attempt at MP TVS config
    2. two other software packs were installed before MP (radeon chipset drivers and SAF filters)
    3 I don't recall the firewall prompt and requirement of private network access to be checked on first attempt (i do recall it happening just not at the point of first starting TVS config)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom