A twisty maze of channels all different (1 Viewer)

anewmyth

Portal Member
April 10, 2009
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: xp pro - uptodate
CPU Type: dell gc270
HDD: 140gb
Memory: 1G
Motherboard:
Video Card: ATI 5600
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: HDHR
1. TV Card Type: Networked
1. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Charter Cable.
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: ATI Remote WOnder II
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I just installed MP (again) with the Schedules Direct plugin, and I am using HDHomerun as a tuner.

Can someone please tell me if this is normal. I must be missing something.

I scanned the digital channels (first in the HDHR setup, then TVserver) What I get is a list of 150+ “Unknown Channel 151262-30”. The type is listed as ASTC although it is really tuning QAM. Channels are listed as “18 0:0” - whatever the channel number it’s always followed by 0:0.

None are marked encrypted. If I click the “unmark encrypted” button, nothing happens, but when I go to preview most of these channels, I am told “Preview failed-ChannelIsScrambled”

Am I really supposed to try to watch each of these channels and manually remove the scrambled ones? Am I supposed to guess at the channel call signs or channel numbers? I have no idea where to start.

Supposedly there is some correlation between: :mad:
  • Channel Number
    Virtual channel number
    Frequency
    Major/Minor Channel number
    Channel ID (Schedules direct site)
    Channel Name (HDHR site)
    Guide Name (HDHR Setup)

How does anyone ever manage to map any of these channels properly in less than a week (only to be redone when charter cable decides to mix up the channels again)

In case it’s not completely obvious, I’m very frustrated. :mad:

I am looknig for someone with a clue, because obviously I am lacking one, even after reading the manuals, WIKIs, forums, etc.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced to make the switch, because I'm already liking MP2 more. But still, the original problem remains a frustrating mystery.
I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced...
I am running 1.29 Pre-release on Windows 10 Pro. I use MP only to watch TV through my Hauppauge tuner card. I am suddenly getting...
Replies
Views
I am glad that the solution was so simple. :) I have learnt something new today; thank you @Jasmeet_181 . (y) -- from CyberSimian in the UK
I am glad that the solution was so simple. :) I have learnt something new today; thank you @Jasmeet_181 . (y) -- from CyberSimian...
I am having the following problem. I need to record some of my local television broadcasts. This transponder is FTA. BUT, if tuned...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
Replies
Views
Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
Replies
Views
Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on which a WinTV-quadHD card is installed. This card worked perfectly before the migration and no hardware change was made (not a single cable disconnected). Since my passage under windows 10 x64, I can't get...
Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on...
Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom