Ability to Auto Repeat current movie (1 Viewer)

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just build a light weight MediaPortal client for the kids room, and I was wondering if there is any way to play a movie and have it keep repeating until stopped. The kids are used to falling asleep and the ambient noise of the movie help them to stay asleep. With a DVD player, it's pretty easy to do. I was just wondering if someone knows of an option that will allow the current movie to repeat indefinitely until stopped?

If this is not doable, would this be something that could be added fairly easily? I would be willing to donate to the plugin if we could make this happen (if it's not already doable).

Thanks in advance!

-Steve

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Are you sure you do the right thing for the kids?
    I don't necessarily agree with the methods either, but they are my brother's children and it is what they have become accustomed to. My son sleeps in his room and when it's time to put him down, there is nothing but a fan for ambient noise and a night light on - that only stays on until he falls asleep and then it gets turned off too.

You can play video from My Videos playlist viewer with 'Repeat' enabled.
    Thanks for the idea, and we may end up resorting to this but the problem is that I do not use the My Videos plugin at all, ONLY Moving Pictures. I was hoping for some way to do this from inside of Moving Pictures itself.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There is no way to do that from MovingPictures i'm afraid.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MP-TVSeries has the option, and there are many kid-friendly TV series you can just add to a custom playlist quick and make sure you have the repeat-playlist option enabled. I've asked for a simelair playlist option for MovPic, as my wife grew up on sleeping with background-noise as well, but the project owner did not feel that it was useful for MovPic.

The best matching ticket that is almost 3 years old = http://code.google.com/p/moving-pictures/issues/detail?id=916

(star it to improve odds of being taken up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom