AC3 PID in tv setting i reset automatic (1 Viewer)

Liss

Portal Member
August 13, 2006
Molnlycke outside Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
As I did not got any audio in eurosport discovery etc i changed the MP audidecoder to Cyberlink but then i got no audio in swe TV1 and TV2instead, but after change the AC3 PID to "0" (default 1017 and 1028) it worked! ..BUT only once! then it was automatic reset again!! why? if i writeprotect the databasefile TVDatabaseV21.db3 it work but other problem occured with no update of epg etc...

what shall i do?

-------------------------------------------
info:
MP Version: 2.0.0.4
Skin: Blue two, swed.lang.
Windows Version: xp (32) pro eng sp2 plus all updates
CPU Type: AMD64 ehhh 3200?
Memory: 1024
Motherboard Chipset: Winfast incl SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio driver smwdm.sys (PRE-RELEASE, 254,06 KB (260 160 bytes), 2006-07-22 00:31)
Video Card: Nvidia gforce 6200
Video Card Driver: nv4_disp.dll Version 6.14.10.8198

Video Card Resolution: 1024x768 (hdtv ready lcd 32 tum)
Video Codec Type & Version: MP default
Audio Codec Type & Version: now Cyberlink ( tried ffdshow,MP, Nero etc...)
TV Card: TwinhanDTV Ter-CI DVB-TV 878 (built in CI to use boxer Ter. card swe, Goteborg brudaremossen)
TV Card Driver: BDADriverV1.2.3.8_WHQL

Liss

Portal Member
August 13, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
yes first it was MP audidecoder but then it was no audio (silence) on discovery and eurosport, animal... but TV1 and TV2 was ok.... and now vice versa...the problem is chapter 22 smile..

Liss

Portal Member
August 13, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
additional info: when i use Dscaler Audo Decoder then I have "ONLY" problem with low sound in eurosp. disc. animal, TV1 and TV2 works... so whatever decoder i use create diferent problems, no audio, low audio or automatic rechange change the AC3 PID in TV1 TV... is there other decoders to use? or solotion to keep the saving "0" on AC3 PID? plese help this problem make me crazy... :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    so you are able to get audio with the AC3 PID which is determinde by MediaPortal?

if yes, the AC3PID is correct then.

Liss

Portal Member
    August 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ehh i dont follow you... anyhow if use MP decoder there is no audio in eurosp. disc.anim. to fix that I use cyberlink decoder BUT then I need to change the ac3 pid FROM e.g. swe TV1 "1017" to "0" BUT it ONLY works ONCE and when i return to that channel then MP determinate it back to "1017" :-( and no audio in channel TV1 and TV2... kindest Liss

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    additional info: when i use Dscaler Audo Decoder then I have "ONLY" problem with low sound in eurosp. disc. animal, TV1 and TV2 works...
    you write if you use Dscaler as audio codec you have "low sound".
    this means to me that it is not realy loud but you have sound without setting AC3PID to 0.

right or wrong?

if you get NO SOUND with other Audio Codecs on the same channel you should check the settings of this codecs how they process the AC3 signal.
    if they pass it to an digital/optical AC3 audio output of your PC and you do not use any AC3 decoder, then you know why it is mute. because the codec doesnt use the stereo output of your soundcard.

set decode of AC3 to stereo.

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    How about the fact that the PID gets reset automatically?
    Example, I want to force MP to use stereo pid NOT ac3. TV1 transmits both BUT if I set a zero it only works once, the MP will find the ac3 pid again.

Any way of forcing MP to ONLY use the stereo stream?

//Lasse

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom