[Help Me!] Access Denied (1 Viewer)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Hi everybody,

I have a problem with MPExtended and / or WebMediaPortal.

My Configuration is as follows:
    MP 1.2.3, Client and TVServer on the same htpc
    MPExtended and WebMediaportal 0.4.3 on the same htpc
    htpc has IP address 192.168.2.30
    All settings of MPExtended and WebMediaPortal are standard as per installation

Problem:
    When I use WebMediaPortal on the same htpc, logon, go to Music and start streaming MP3s via FlashPlayer, all works as expected.
    When I try the same from another machine (e.g. my laptop with IP address 192.168.2.20), I see the wait cursor of the FlashPlayer, but nothing happens until it says (in the FlashPlayer): "Access Denied: Stream/MusicTrack&item=208&transcoder=Flash&20Audio"

Firewalls on htpc and laptop are completely disabled, htpc and laptop on Win 7 64bit, IE 9, logs and config attached.

Anyone an idea what could be wrong? Thanks for any help!

/Michael

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say: This is not only for Music, but exactly the same for TVRecordings and MovingPictures (didn't test anything else)...

Edit2: ok, when I set the streaming type to "proxied", it works - but this is strange, since I'm on the same network. A plain Speedport W501V (I know its outdated...) htpc and laptop both connected to WLan...

Attachments

• MPExtended_AccessDenied.zip
      9 KB
    Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, I see the problem. For some reason it thinks that the IP address on your VMWare adapter is the IP address of the service, which obviously is incorrect. Setting it to "proxied" mode should solve this indeed, as it always uses the local address. I'll see if I can fix this :)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, I can steal their code then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom