Access Settings when disabled (1 Viewer)

jriker1

Portal Member
March 15, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am going to remove settings from the main interface. Will just have a remote, no keyboard for daily use and restrict access to change things. In the event I plug in a keyboard, is there any way to access the settings screen without it being on the main interface? Some keyboard shortcut?

Thanks.

JR

jriker1

Portal Member
March 15, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So is this not possible, or is the forum kind of dying out as some have mentioned. Hope not.

JR

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In the event I plug in a keyboard, is there any way to access the settings screen without it being on the main interface? Some keyboard shortcut?
    There are two plugins that might do what you want. I have not used either of them, but a quick read of their pages in the Wiki suggests that they might be suitable:

Generic Keyboard - Remote Input Plugin

ShortCut'er

Sorry, but I have no idea whether these plugins still work with the current release of MP.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So is this not possible, or is the forum kind of dying out as some have mentioned. Hope not.

JR

Far from dying - just quiet:cool:

To remove from main interface, you mean set it as plugin in plugins section - then just navigate to it with remote and select plugins then select which one, then remote and/or kbd|mouse works.

Can confirm that Short cutter works with 1.18, so direct from remote, need to pick remote/kbd key to map, then using Window ID 1021 to call setting GUI [[I've tested it - adding settings to keyboard map, used Shift/Control/A] - no problems.

Cheers - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom